A few changes on the 48

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Well, I had a chance to do some work on the 48 before the big car show this weekend (Seafood Fest Richmond Hill, GA). I widened the front grill about 4.5 " to match the radiator. I scrubed the tires and painted me some white walls (cheap baztard). Then, I made sme connecting rods from the grill to the cab. Happy the way it turned out. Oh, and I painted the valve covers black. Don't like chrome. Also did the headlight buckets in satin black.

DSC_1135.jpg

DSC_1133.jpg

Gott atell ya something funny though.I made it 20 miles down the road today, and all four tires turned brown where the WWW were. I laughed my butt off. I came home and pressure washed the paint off, and ground the front tires to a 3' WW, and am having the rear tires switched in the morning for the same treatment. Right now my raised letters are to the inside. It was funny as Hell.

Yes, I read the same one. I think someone had used armour all on them at one time. Certainly not me:eek: It is hard enough to scrub silicone off of steel much less rubber. Oh well, I think I'll like the ground down whites much bettter.

Latest posts

Back