A little stuck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

After getting about a foot more of snow last night I had to clear a few family workers drives with the loader. On my way back I made the mistake of taking a different way home. It's hard to tell but the truck has a 4" lift and 33" tires.

9651DA2B-A6AD-4C57-BB78-17767B9A2898-2226-0000013FD3F3B2D4_zps8d0df89c.jpg

BD90ACC7-9B48-40F4-976E-5BD8A38F325F-2226-0000013FD9C63F6A_zpsb15958d0.jpg

Anybody else having fun in the snow lol

Ya when it's like this out the hydro shovel and my co pilot go everywhere with me. I pick the trailer up and push while my son drives the truck. He's only twelve but can probably out drive most adults.

Looks to me like you coulda just backed yourself out.

The truck would only slide sideways in reverse. It wasn't going to push the heavy wet snow with the trailer. The trailer rides low in the back from it being a tilt deck.

The truck would only slide sideways in reverse. It wasn't going to push the heavy wet snow with the trailer. The trailer rides low in the back from it being a tilt deck.

Just yankin' yer chain 21W. [ddd Looks like you were pretty far into it too. How long was it from the time you knew you were getting stuck to the time you admitted you were plain stuck? Usually takes me about 3 minutes to face the facts. :rolleyes:

I don't get stuck, I get postponed![ddd

I am the same way....

Last night I had to clean out my driveways, the most snow I have had so far. I have 5ft mounds at the end of my driveways all from yesterday. My poor old John Deere was working pretty hard to get them up there.

AH! life's little adventures...Reminds of when I hauled my tractor home from the shop. About 1000ft in from the road the driveway narrows to a low area with a culvert right on a sharp bend in the drive. It's easy to hang a wheel with a long trailer so I'm usually paying attention. I'm coming pretty steady and get to the bend to see a 6 ft gator standing in the road. I'm already in the turn and a tap of the brakes was all it took to lock the electrics up on the trailor and snatch the thing straight, dropping the rear axle off the culvert...postponed...I like that....backed the tractor off the trailer and righted the situation.

Last edited:
I always wonder why people put the winch on the front of a 4x4. If you're stuck, you don't need to get more stuck, you need to get back out the way you came in.:confused:

I have a drunk friend up in the hills of Virginia. He says you just hook the winch to the rear bumper and pull the rear out first. (sounds like good reasoning. To a drunk, anyway)

I have a drunk friend up in the hills of Virginia. He says you just hook the winch to the rear bumper and pull the rear out first. (sounds like good reasoning. To a drunk, anyway)

Think about it. Actually with a little further explanation, it can be done. Pull the winch cable under the vehicle, attach cable to a snatch block to a tree or other solid anchor point behind the vehicle and then cable to the bumper. A front mount winch can pull you backwards out of a stick.

Just yankin' yer chain 21W. [ddd Looks like you were pretty far into it too. How long was it from the time you knew you were getting stuck to the time you admitted you were plain stuck? Usually takes me about 3 minutes to face the facts. :rolleyes:

yep
it takes me about 3 minutes as well
and it just so happens 3 minutes is also the amount of time for me to get from
oh jeeze i might be gittin stuck
to holy crap!
who do i know with a sky crane!?!

Think about it. Actually with a little further explanation, it can be done. Pull the winch cable under the vehicle, attach cable to a snatch block to a tree or other solid anchor point behind the vehicle and then cable to the bumper. A front mount winch can pull you backwards out of a stick.

I know guys who have done that. Would be much easier if the winch was already back there and not under a foot of mud up front.

Latest posts

Back