Advise Here is what I found

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinner

I found a 1927 four door oldsmobile for 1700.00 complete, with no running gears. But everything else is there. I also found a S-10 wrecked with a good frame 6 cly with 70,000 miles on it. I'm wanting to do this safe a possible and cheap as possible. I know everyone talkes about the A-arms on the S-10 but that don't bother me. I'm wanting to use the running gears out of the s-10. If I drive to the next town where I work its a 76 mile round trip. Any thoughts. My dad is a wood worker by trade and I was going to let him do the interior and structure on the car, then put a roll cage in it.

The S10 frame is an excellent choice for fat fendered cars and trucks of the 1940's and 50's. But is not practical for your 27 Olds because the s10 frmae is 42 inches wide at the cowl and 31 inches wide at the front frame horns. Also the s10 is front steer and the steering box sits way out front and is one of the things that make it ugly when na\ot using fenders that will hide it. In this pic u can see the steering box to the rite of the radiator and stickin out front.
aab046.jpg

This next pic shows the width of the frame near the cowl of my 51 Ford truck, the truck cab is 44 inches wide at the cowl and dropped down over the frame just fine.
aab047.jpg

By the way I used an s10 frame because my truck is basically a drag race truk and I wanted the a arm front for wieght transfer and the disc brakes to slow it down from speeds I hope to be well over 100 mph.
Not to discourage you but the Mustang II front clip is probably the best for your car. But you mite consider using a late model straight axle adapted to you front springs..my 2 cents!!:)

Latest posts

Back