aftermarket sunroofs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38fordtruck

ive been pondering a sunroof for the blackburn but i cant seem to find any that look decent [S i dont want a big ugly frame sticking out of the top. i considered just cutting a hole in the roof and using a peice of nogahide to cover it up when its raining but the problem is i dont have a garage to keep the truck in so it wouldnt last long.

so does anyone have some links to some decent looking sunroofs that are good quality? has anyone installed one on their rat?

i have one other idea im thinking of a fixed window in the top that wont open. i could have it cut to about any shape i would want.

im open to any ideas and tips thanks

Austin

a sliding rat top from the place mention above are nice i would never put a glass one in just wouldnt look right. oh yeah rag tops at 80+mph wind leak like a SOB

i would like a rag top i just dont think this utah heat would treat it very well i dont have a shop or even a carport. maybe i will wait off untill i get a shop to keep the ugly old rat in

I was going to suggest just browsing through your local salvage yard to see what's out there. There's bound to be something you can use or at least get ideas from.

Search e-bay for a porthole window. Or 2.

16antiqueEX.jpg

At least they wouldn't leak!

WOW! Those are cool!

I want to say my wife's old 99 Honda Accord had a sunroof that could mount flush... but not 100% sure. Maybe an old hand crank one would work... might leak though.

the guy I got my Willys panel truck from had installed what I think is an old VW sunroof, operated by hand crank. Unfortunately I may have to tear it out due to severe perforation at the joint between the windshield frame and the roof...:(

sunroof

Go to www.sunroofdoctor.com They have just what you are looking for at a reasonable price.Flush mount too,nothing to hold water when it rains and its manualy opens to work as a vent. Check it out. $154. and looks to be good quality.:cool:

Latest posts

Back