Albuquerque Dodge dealer closed today!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
This was some bad and sad news today. The bad economy is finally hitting New Mexico! We were wondering here if there would be a Muscle Car Show this year and with this happening I believe the awnser is NO, since they were a major sponsor.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- The struggling economy has taken its toll on one of New Mexico's largest auto dealers.

Zangara Dodge closed its doors Tuesday night, at least for now. Ken Zangara told his employees they had just worked their last day.

"I thought it was just another meeting to say we are still open and this and that. Ken came downstairs to say with a sad face that I'm going to have to let you guys go," said former employee Brandon Banas.

Zangara issued a statement reading: "All employees will receive all earned pay, 401k investments and all entitled benefits. I am still fighting to save this store but will help them in finding another job."

Zangara formed the dealership in 1991. It quickly became one of the state's largest volume Dodge dealerships. Over the past year, business has slowed significantly. In fact, Zangara went to Washington earlier this year to lobby Congress for a rescue package for U.S. automakers.

In a phone conversation Tuesday night, Zangara told Action 7 that a deal is in the works to sell the dealership but he wouldn't explain further.

Here too!!!

One of the biggest dealerships in the nation... Lawrence Marshall founded in 1969 closed near here in Hempstead, Tx. They had every American brand you could name & were one of the largest truck dealers in the nation... we love our trucks here in Tejas. It was owned by Ray Childress... former Houston Oiler who bought it from the Marshall's about 10 years ago. I have to believe some big $$$ cat will pick up the pieces!!!

BoB

It is sad that businesses are closing down BUT we can't bailout everyone and should never have started bailing ANYONE out in the first place.

If your business can't hang then it shouldn't exist BUT I don't think our government should help expedite the collapse as they are doing.

What better way to get out of debt then to take on more debt....

I feel bad for the many businesses that are failing both due to our economy AND big business taking the customers by price gouging.

Latest posts

Back