Albuquerque?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDonnie

My daughter lives in Albuquerque and I'm considering moving to nicer weather. I spent a year down there working for Eclipse Aircraft and liked it a lot better than the time I was in Mesa AZ. Is there a good population of rat/hot rods?

Don

I have a few Ratrod friends about two hours away and dmw56 lives near there.

It is beautiful country but I like my trees and grass to much to move there.

I like the idea of no lawn to mow. On the east side of town there are lawns and trees, I can't remember the area it seemed a little up scale and older houses. Not far east of town on I 40 is a nice area but more snow.

We're heading into about seven months of not being able to drive my truck. I've lived here most of my 55 years and I think I've developed seasonal effect disorder.

Don

Last edited:
I have been here a year and NEVER in my life have I seen a place with more car nuts.
I looked on the new Mexico car club website once to see what there is to do
And found at least one car thing every single day of the year!
I have met some really great folks
But I wouldn't live in the city
Too much crime
There are lots of nearby small towns that could be a good place to live.

I lived in Angel Fire New Mexico for a year and it was beautiful but in the snow zone being a ski town. There is some great mountain areas and forests in the northern part of the state.

I live 25 miles east of Albuquerque There's a huge car club following and automotive things to do here all year round. No worry about running fenderless or emission crap here the cops are cool as long as you're not stupid.

Over 300 days of sunshine here. House prices are reasonable and cost of living is low. I've lived here for 11 years and love it here. Never going back to the republik of Kalifonica.

Crime rate depends in which part of the city you live. Just don't live in the "War Zone" or south valley.

When I was down there in 2004 I figured out to stay north of I 40. My kid is up toward Rio Rancho but I don't like close neighbors. I like the 300 days of sun part, what is the weather like in Edgewood? I always got off 40 and headed up to the back side of the mountain, never went as far east as Edgewood.

Don

I have been here a year and NEVER in my life have I seen a place with more car nuts.
I looked on the new Mexico car club website once to see what there is to do
And found at least one car thing every single day of the year!
I have met some really great folks
But I wouldn't live in the city
Too much crime
There are lots of nearby small towns that could be a good place to live.

As much as I visit the rat rod guys in Farmington I have no idea how we've never meet.

Thought about the 3oo days of sun myself, but I always seem to have too many reasons to stay in the wet North, guess I like my trees, water, and the four seasons for now, could change later. Also admit to chasing the mighty dollar around here.

I'm retired so it would be financially better for me. The cost of housing and such it a lot lower than up here. There is work if your skilled but not as plentiful as Boeing/Microsoft/Amazon.

The weather was just bummin today and I kept from looking at ABQ weather to keep me sane. It is different terrane down there. When I was there in 2004 I had my Wrangler washed at the car wash in Breaking Bad. If I go I'll send you noon time weather pix to jerk your chain.

Don

Aw nuts

So I went and looked at the weather channel's site for ABQ 65-70 mostly sunny 0 chances of rain for the next 10 days. So now I'm pretty clinically depressed and I'm looking at black tar heiroin to get some fenderless equilibrium back.

Don

So I went and looked at the weather channel's site for ABQ 65-70 mostly sunny 0 chances of rain for the next 10 days. So now I'm pretty clinically depressed and I'm looking at black tar heiroin to get some fenderless equilibrium back.

Don

Don't do the H. Just get in your ride and come to the Land of Enchantment.
We do have bad weather here but it usually only lasts a day or two.
Yesterday the wind and rain was blowing up my skirt so hard I had to quit stripping the paint off my dodge bed and go find an inside job.

Today it's gonna be sunny and 68 degrees.

I, personally, wouldn't live in Albuquerque. There are lots of places nearby.
We live 30 minutes south on a 6 acre place and will probably die here.
36 yrs and counting.

Latest posts

Back