Alignment

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopped 49

Where are you guys running your caster with you I-beam axles?I know at zero deg the steering is real touchy.I am just not sure how far to lean the axle back before it wont turn? The truck had an IFS set up when I bought it so I don't know where they are set factory.Oh and I will be running the wheel base some where around 120-125" if the will affect the setting.

Thank you :D

I beam axles should be set between 5 and 7 degrees positive camber. The length of the wheel base does not affect the caster, but it does affect the ackerman angle. You will experience a little tire scrubbing on tight turns, unless your not into road course racing it really won't bother your day to day driving.

I think rodguy1 meant to say 5 to 7 degrees of caster, which is what I run. I shoot for zero degrees of camber, which is the amount the tire is from vertical, when looking at it from in front of the vehicle.

I like to run between 7 and 10 degrees personally. I have never had a problem with scrub, and it helps with the tracking - especially at high speeds. :D

Latest posts

Back