allmost a ratrod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoosa

G'Day (well enough for the Australian bit)
Intro.
Tony ..lives near Noosa in Queensland Australia.
I'll keep this short as I may be kicked off as soon as someone finds out what my Ratrod is.
The Car
Morris Minor Ute...spans about 20 years in parts
63 ute chassis with a 58 2 door sedan body cut in half (2 doors have a bigger door than the std) 48 lowlight guards with custom scooter lights and flashers 47 ford rear tail lights running a Toyota 4K (Small 1300) with 5 speed box org diff (3.8 to 1)from 2 door now painted satin black with (can) and some aged sign writing and stripes (different from the web photos).
Taken 2 years to build and is 100% hand done by self and a local bloke that likes to tinker with old cars .
Its main job is to pull a Teardrop Woody Caravan that took a year to do (also in web site) with the Ute before the rebuild (never built for speed just touring) .
All the rust was cutout on rebuild as here you need to meet some standards to get rego.
Painted Yellow then black and then put together so that any build chips or scratches were yellow under the black some patina has been put into the door at window and more will be done as soon as I work out what grade of Wet and dry I need to wash it with a few dozen times to rid it of the semigloss.
See it at http://www.tjcampton.com

Welcome Tony....Anyone that takes a perfectly good Morris Minor two door and cuts it up to make a ute is OK in my book. You know what Posie said " It takes a real man to cut one up " :D...I checked out the website, nice work on the the ute and the trailers.

Here!

Here's a picture of the Ute from down under & it's teardrop trailer! Kool!!!

BoB

Attachments

• ute.JPG
    ute.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to RRR, Tony. Nice little Ute & Teardrop. Always good to see stuff from down under.

Latest posts

Back