Alright, does anyone in here use Murray's?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71rat

I got some Murray's Superior pomade cause I wanted somethin with a little more hold cause my pomp's getting a little long. I'm startin to think its overkill....

How do you guys get it to comb decently without pulling your hair out? I've tried warming it up with a hair dryer, but it doesn't work all that well.

Its like its too damn thick to work well. I mean, hell, When I gotta break out the Gojo and Dawn dish soap to get the stuff off my hands, I wonder how its ever gonna come out of my hair!!!

Alot of the guys I know from local car shows are greasers, but I am just not into the hair thing. I think it is great, but to me it is more about the car, less about the hair. I wish I had some kind of knowledge here for you but I don't.

No help from this corner either. I' kinda got that old hippie look goin' on. Just tie it back & keep it out of the way when working :D:D

Haha, I used to have hair down past my shoulders. Got tired of draggin it through various oils, gas, and other chemicals. not to mention how hard it is to get engine grease out of...

HAIR? just kiddin :p I've had a buzz for the last four years and started to let it grow out. I had to ask my wife where the brush was the other day :eek:.

Don't worry about that hair goop. In a couple of years Mother Nature will solve that little problem for you. Not only that, but the barber will start giving you a discount on Senior Citizen Tuesdays. :D:D:D

Now I just use Pledge.

Don

I had long hair many moons ago and I also got tired of it dragging through puddles of antifreeze when I was on the creeper, and getting tangle in the creeper wheels (only once) I wish I had hair to grease back now.

Don't worry about that hair goop. In a couple of years Mother Nature will solve that little problem for you. Not only that, but the barber will start giving you a discount on Senior Citizen Tuesdays. :D:D:D

Now I just use Pledge.

Don

A couple years? Thats a loooong way in the future for me.

Pledge, huh? Like them lemon scented stuff or the plain jane stuff?

When I was young, in the 50's I would use Brylcream. Their slogan was, "A little dab will do ya". I'd put so much on my hair the teeth of the comb would be white and my hair would collapse under the weight of all that oil. So, I'd have to wash my hair and start over. Back then, the wax and pomades were for flat tops. Us guys with ducktails used oil. Now you know how to be period correct. Haha.

This really has no bearing on your question but I remember using "Butch wax" back in the 60s. It came in a deoderant type applicator, it kept my "crew cut" standing at attention! and my dad off my ass.

No help from this corner either. I' kinda got that old hippie look goin' on. Just tie it back & keep it out of the way when working :D:D

That's me too.

Oh...for those guys that your hair in the antifreeze or oil on the floor. Tuck it into your shirt or up under a hat before you start.

For some reason it bugs some people that I don't cut it short like a "responsible adult" should. I just smile and let them know every two or three years I do cut it and give the hair to locks for love for children with cancer. They (LFL) have to get rid of the grey, but it goes to a good cause:)

. I just smile and let them know every two or three years I do cut it and give the hair to locks for love for children with cancer. They (LFL) have to get rid of the grey, but it goes to a good cause:)

Nice, I did that when i cut my hair. No grey though. :p

Latest posts

Back