Aluminum Intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob2078

Is there any way to remove old gas stains from my aluminum intake without removing it?

Attachments

• 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 20
You might try this....

first use Berrymans Chemtool B12 carb cleaner. It beats all the others dissolving of all varnish. Then mix up a 50/50 mix of Jasco or other brand metal etch (check with the local trucking company to see what they use to clean their aluminum wheels) to H2o (about $6 for a quart at Lowes) and sprayed that on with a janitorial spray bottle. The seals in the cheap bottles will get eatin up by the alkaline nature of the etch. I let that sit and reapply to keep it wet for like 15 minutes. Don't get it on like anodized parts etc..will remove the finish. Rinse off. Then get in there with like a little brass or steel brush to make it extra nice in the creases while its soaking. She'll look like new in no time. The etch will clean up the oxidized surface. The etch does not remove grease. Just removes the dull finish. The Chemtool B12 gets thru the varnish.... :D
Oh and by the way, would be wise to remove it... this stuff will dull or remove paint and like I said, takes the finish off anodized stuff.... nothing I've seen works like this solution..... used it on an intake and on my aluminum wheels, looked like new.... sorry missed the part about not taking it off.....

Found this post on another site....

Coleman camping fuel, works wonders on removing gas stains from aluminum. I use it on the intake of the Shelby regularly (Holley always seems to leak somewhere).

Not sure if it really works but with a rag and some camping fuel, you'll know rather quickly......good luck.... might not have to remove it if it works....[cl

Sorry for the slow response I had a long work week.Preciate all the info.I don't want to take it off the engine,so I'll try some of your tips. thanks. Bob

Latest posts

Back