Am I crazy?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I crazy for wanting to cut?

I have a 33 chevy 5 window ,body only, mising one door and the other is in the shape of a cone and it has no trunk lid. The rest of the body is fair with no rot on the rockers and no major dents only stress dents from sitting unsupported for who knows how long. a couple of people have told me it will be next to impossible to find doors and from all of the calls and net surfing im beginning to agree. Ive only had it a week or so, and im thinking of cutting the cowl loose and building a woody wagon out of it and selling the rest to someone with a more complete project. Is this a good idea or should i keep looking for doors and a trunk?

I went to body school but im by no means a master fabricator, but spent years as a cabinet maker and can whip up just about anything out of wood.

I'd appreciate any opinion even if its to tell me What an idiot i am for even thinking of cutting it up!

Attachments

• 389970_2704349560557_1011275458_32887711_441855007_n.jpg
    389970_2704349560557_1011275458_32887711_441855007_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I'd appreciate any opinion even if its to tell me What an idiot i am for even thinking of cutting it up!

Well you said it... Haha. :p

But seriously, DON'T cut it up! Early coupe bodies are getting harder and harder to find, especially chevrolets. The woody thing might be ok if all you had was a cowl to begin with, but cutting up a coupe to do it would be automotive butchery at it's worst. Doors and deck lids are out there and they are admittedly hard to come by, but a decent coupe body warrants the search. Those bodies are also reproduced in fiberglass, so that would be an option for you. Once again the completed body would be worth the money & time spent. A couple years ago I worked on a original '33 Chevy 3 window for a fellow and put a 'glass decklid on it. It fit fine and worked out well for the owner.

Just don't give up! Those early Chevy coupes can make some really bitchin' hot rods! Here's a little inspiration for you...

attachment.php

(B.E.D., your inspiration was not so little.) But I am with you.

I'll trade three cowls for that body. Heck, make the trunk and doors, and you will have something really cool.

Cut it up ? :eek:
Man where do you live I'm coming over and whip :confused: Sorry got carried away :eek:
Ultimately it's yours and do with it what you will, blah blah blah [ddev
Oh what the [ddd don't cut it up :D

doors

willchev 2 doors fit a five window i know where left and right doors to fit a 2door are, upper door is good bottom part of doors is rough but could be fixed robertbandit [S[S[S[S

willchev 2 doors fit a five window i know where left and right doors to fit a 2door are, upper door is good bottom part of doors is rough but could be fixed robertbandit [S[S[S[S

this may be the way to go! Worst case senario I might need to stretch them if they are too short (well within my abilities), if they are longer I just get more door to crawl out.

I had a feeling i was making a bad choice. im new to early iron, Ive spent too many years with the Minitruck croud and thier answer to everything is CUT CUT CUT!

Hey 335

Try and find another Chevy sedan front door and trim it to fit. I dont think a back door would be close enough to make it due. A 35 or 36 door (truck maybe???)might also work with some cutting too.
Oh yeah numbers on the doors and big nerf bars with a bright white chassis and big wide grooved tires would make it look really cool. (roundy round style)
Just my 2 cents
MikeC

Latest posts

Back