Am I right or wrong?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PREZ

My visit to the cemetery where the veterans of my family are buried. I found flags placed by their headstones. I noticed small writing on the flags. The writing said Made In China. I found that to be disrespectful. I removed the flags and threw them in the back of my pickup. Returning home I did a google search for flags to replace them. I would have to order them and wait for delivery. Then I thought about Arlington Cemetery and all the brave men and women buried there. Is Made In China on flags above these soldiers buried there? Surely that that can't be true.

I sincerely hope not but wouldn't surprise me any! The blue bazillion flags they have to provide would have me guessing that they went the cheapest they could...it is dis-respectfull in my mind too! Consider the cheapass deal our vets get with medical care and then consider the idiots that let obahamacare get passed....sorry for adding to the rant!

I thought they fixed that problem a few years ago. We had a problem with our company handing out flag pins made in China to union employees. The union found the company a Made in USA company to supply the pins for the same price.

It can be done, it's just not always easy.

Yes... they bitch about that every year in Houston too. American flags made in China... that just ain't right!!!

BoB

This country can be a joke. Save a penny but crap on the brave men and women that served our country. My grandpas grave got missed every year for the first 5 or 6 years after he was gone. Never a flag placed on it. We called and complained but it fell on def ears. After 2 years if me pounding a pole in the ground and placeing a 3x5 flag by it they got the hint.

While it is a disgrace that the flags were made in China, you should have left them until you got some proper US made ones to replace them with. I understand why you did take them off, but it is better to have a China made flag than no flag at all. It would have been very easy for someone who saw you remove them to take it the wrong way, thinking that it was you disrespecting the Vets sacrifices, not whoever put the China made flags there. I would put them back until I had gotten the proper US made replacements to exchange them with.

While it is a disgrace that the flags were made in China, you should have left them until you got some proper US made ones to replace them with. I understand why you did take them off, but it is better to have a China made flag than no flag at all. It would have been very easy for someone who saw you remove them to take it the wrong way, thinking that it was you disrespecting the Vets sacrifices, not whoever put the China made flags there. I would put them back until I had gotten the proper US made replacements to exchange them with.

I agree.

I think you over reacted. Those were not your flags to take and they were not Chinese flags, they just happened to be American flags made somewhere else. Now there are no American flags on their graves. Someone did think enough of the dead to put flags on there, and that was a nice gesture.

I think you have to face facts, this is a global market any more, and products are made other places, and our products go over there too. Just the way it is.

Don

Flags

Everyone in my family would have done the same thing. I can hear them saying. Get that trash off of me. And I buy American products if I can get my hands on them. But I guess everyone has an opinion.

It was you who posted the question "was I right or wrong ?" But, evidently, you only wanted to hear people say you were right. Anytime you put something like this out there you are opening yourself up to honest opinions, and that is what I gave you.

Don

If you want to be offended, you can always find a reason to. We had soldiers fight and die in China, for the Chinese.
The Chinese have taken over our consumer goods because we allowed it, all of us, not some faceless "them".
I used to fight it, still do but I'd rather wear the Chinese made shoes than none at all and I don't have the resources to make my own. I do own a sewing machine and would make a flag for my fathers grave if I felt that strongly about it but I don't.

I think you over reacted. Those were not your flags to take and they were not Chinese flags, they just happened to be American flags made somewhere else. Now there are no American flags on their graves. Someone did think enough of the dead to put flags on there, and that was a nice gesture.

Don

I agree that maybe he should have left them until he got replacement flags, but i completely disagree with our nation symbol being produce by anothwr country. Complete discrace.

If you want to be offended, you can always find a reason to. We had soldiers fight and die in China, for the Chinese.
The Chinese have taken over our consumer goods because we allowed it, all of us, not some faceless "them".
I used to fight it, still do but I'd rather wear the Chinese made shoes than none at all and I don't have the resources to make my own. I do own a sewing machine and would make a flag for my fathers grave if I felt that strongly about it but I don't.

This is why so much of our stuff is made over seas. Every one just rolls over and puts up with it. I will always pay extra to buy American. It may be cheaper,to buy off shote made stuff,but is it really worth it. Buy american, put money in americans pockets, food on there tables and create more jobs. Dont just deal with it!

Ok, sorry. Im done ranting :D

I think you have to face facts, this is a global market any more, and products are made other places, and our products go over there too. Just the way it is.

Don

It was you who posted the question "was I right or wrong ?" But, evidently, you only wanted to hear people say you were right. Anytime you put something like this out there you are opening yourself up to honest opinions, and that is what I gave you.

Don

I completely agree, Don. They were American flags that someone placed as a nice gesture, and taking them (without replacements) was the only disrespectful part of that story, in my opinion.

If you check the sources of the American flags flying across your country, I would be willing to bet a significant portion probably aren't made in USA either. Does that make flying those flags disrespectful?

We're a global economy, being offended at a small flag being made in another country is petty in my opinion.

I agree that maybe he should have left them until he got replacement flags, but i completely disagree with our nation symbol being produce by anothwr country. Complete discrace.

This is why so much of our stuff is made over seas. Every one just rolls over and puts up with it. I will always pay extra to buy American. It may be cheaper,to buy off shote made stuff,but is it really worth it. Buy american, put money in americans pockets, food on there tables and create more jobs. Dont just deal with it!

Ok, sorry. Im done ranting :D

I bought American made shoes until my work store couldn't get them. When I couldn't find American made shirts, I bought used ones off ebay. I buy NOTHING in Mal-Wart or any of the other big box stores like Home Depot. But at the same time I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. I will still wear shoes, Chinese ones.
Roll over? I don't think so. Tell me where all of your American made shirts, pants, shoes come from and I'll buy them there.

Ask and you shall receive. I dont where anything but!
http://www.carhartt.com/category/carhartt-collections-made-in-USA

I refuse to shop at mall -wart also. Hate it. Im not saying ypu rolled over, but it seams alot of people will save a buck to buy cheap over seas junk. I think the part of the reason we all save this old rusty tin. Its part of what mmade this country what is. Its all american and its hard to find that any more

I would have appreciated those that placed the flags as a way to remember those that died for our country, around here they are often placed by school kids learning a lesson, but could have been put up by someone with limited resources to buy American made flags, and ,or limited income; too them I as well say,Thank You. I would prefer they were American made, but my relatives fought for everybody's right to make choices, not just the people they agreed with. Where I live it is a crime to desecrate a grave, and this includes all memorial markers, for anybody, and they do prosecute.

….. could have been put up by someone with limited resources to buy American made flags, and ,or limited income...

Earlier I posted 3 links to American Companies that make USA flags. The 1st site's Economy Flags are 40 cents. So cost is no excuse. ;)

I agree with the OPs feelings on the matter but, I don't agree with what he did,

Latest posts

Back