Another kind of build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a blessing to be able to handle this with ease in the material aspect. But to take it in stride with emotional maturity.....AWESOME
402471-1.gif

i agree! [cli should be one to preach forgiveness and all of that, but this would have probably caused me to lose my religion--at least for a short time!

Bonehead i'm looking for some pics of this, too --when/if ya get a chance[P
i still like those ford pick-'em-ups;)

Forgiveness? No, not really. I just can't see wasting time and energy beating a dead horse. Better to just move on, this guy will take care of himself.

Starting on the rebuild.
wreck2.jpg

Forgiveness? No, not really. I just can't see wasting time and energy beating a dead horse. Better to just move on, this guy will take care of himself.

Starting on the rebuild.
wreck2.jpg

Good thoughts Bonehead!..[cl..cause if he's like this as a kid, what's he gonna be as an adult?..[ddd...he'll get his in the end!!!...CR

Good to see you guys are making progress! Let me know if you need a hand with anything Jeff, I'll be around the next few days.

Good luck with the rebuild, that was a real cool truck, would have been very happy to have that in high school. All I had was a Honda motorcycle . Your son is lucky to have a great dad to build stuff with.

Thanks, I picked up a 78 Ford Pu cab and a stepside bed from an older, Maybe 50's, truck. Looking for an engine for it now. It is not as good as the original, but it is shaping up pretty well.

Don't know how I missed all this Bonehead???????? I'm really sorry to hear it! Your a strong man for handling it so well. He's lucky to have such a great Dad like you to help him get another ride back on the road.

Thunder

Pictures? hummm, I never thought of that.
The wreck from the paper. It held up good with a rollbar in the back and one in the cab. It rolled twice and went through a 10 inch pole.
wrecked3.jpg

At Home.
wreck1.jpg

Starting to take it apart.
stripped3.jpg

Last edited:
I moved the rear fenders up about 4 inches and plan on cutting out some from the front fenders and re-doing the shape of them. Still need a front drive shaft and a motor.

Latest posts

Back