Another kind of build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been two weeks since the wreck. and now it is time to see how much we have been goofing off.......
newstepside-1.jpg

certainly didn't waste any time on that one! ---not that i would think you waste time on anything,

looks good.....bet the young-'un is glad to see it looking like a truck again, too

Holy flyin' cows! Getten er' right back to where you were. And in two weeks - amazing! [cl

We are not really back where we were so much. We have 3 different kinds of wheels, looking for a motor, and front driveshaft. The stripes were paint, and many of the stickers were really old ones. I am re building the roll bar now, and then I will need to go through the brakes, and bearings on this set up too. The old Ford 9 inch was bent, so I will go through that rear end as well.
But we are gaining on it.
I think it will look about the same, but we are thinking 14 might be a better number.

Amazing transformation Bonehead! It really is. You guys are good! Don't forget to install a antitheft device or two this time around. I think a well hidden battery disconnect switch would be a really good idea.

Thunder

Here's one type of anti theft device!.....works for me...[cl...CR

Attachments

• anti theft.jpg
    anti theft.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 30
  • anti theft 2.jpg
    anti theft 2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
As near as I can figure, he lost it taking a turn, and ran through the telephone pole. That bent the tie rod and the drag link, and the track bar. After that I bet it was a handful. He may have been trying to get it back in a hurry so he could park it, and claim he didn't know anything. But on a straight stretch of flat dry road he drifted into the other lane, and over corrected, sliding sideways until it rolled twice.

Idiot.

Someone needs to tell that oh so nice kid that 38's dont like to slide very good, and then get traction in the slide. Im sorry, but to bad his hand didnt slap the hard ground while rolling, that would have taught him good.

Sorry for your misfortune on the whole situation , you handled things as well as anyone could ever ask for . i'm sure something really good is going to happen for you and your family--- your due , after all the bad luck !

You're a good Dad.[cl A bit of trivia: I just read a mystery book set in Grand Junction and your town was mentioned a few times.

Thanks guys, we hit a snag on the headers. I bought them years ago for another project and they must have been for a two wheel drive. So we fixed them.
header1.jpg

header2.jpg

header3.jpg

header4.jpg

Great to see the truck on it's way back and that smile on your son's face Bonehead!

Bob W. - Speaking of trivia - Did you know about the headless chicken that used to run around Bonehead's town? Tell us about that sometime Bonehead OK?

Thunder

Latest posts

Back