Another new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tikiman

Sup guys I'm new to the site. I'm a maintenance crane operator for a mine. I've built a few nice rats like a 68 c10 and a 29 model a. All bagged (cause that's what the cool kids do). I have a 54 bel air now that I'm working on now. Got the 4 link and bags on the rear so far. The floor pans were pretty rough under the new carpet and dynamat. Pans are easy but the rockers are rough to and I'm not to sure what to do there. I love the car but the rocker have me a little stressed. I don't really know what to do about them. Thought about just cutting them out and body dropping the car idk. Any ideas? Better fix? Thanks

welcome to RRR from lower Alabama ,, dont know about rockers really need to do some bracing and measuring if your going to cut the rockers out ... I would think a lot would move on ya .. JMO

Thanks guys for the welcome, I will try to get some pics up soon. The car is already on a s10 frame and I already have the rear section of floor and the inner fenders out because of the bags and four link mods.

Yeah the rockers are what the floor braces are welded to. The inner rocker that is. My car has new outer rockers there easy to do.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back