Another NG-Here are some pics of my project!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUMBLON

OK, another new guy here. I am no great mechanic, fabricator or engine builder. I am my own hack and do my own body and paint work on, up until now, all Mopar muscle cars. I am an all mopar guy, nothing against other brands, just been a Cuda guy since the late 70s and stayed that way.

Now-a-days I have tired of working on muscle cars and replacing parts and dealing with a lot of jacka$$es who are into the cars now for the $$$ ONLY. I am not trying to offend anyone, but thats how I directed myseld towards older cars and this site. I have many unfinished mopar related muscle cars that I will eventually finish. Seems a lot of the muscle car guys dont work on their own cars these days, they have aguy for this and a guy for that and manicured nails and are jerks.

I have had a couple of older mopars a 32 Plymouth Rumble seat car, which I sold, kind of small inside for me and my needs. I am currently working on this car---- pictured below. Its a 38 Plymouth Business coupe.

I attached a pic or two of the car as I bought it and now down to bare metal, or at least the cab is.

I have a 392 HEMI composit mock up motor sitting in between the wheels. Not sure if I am going with that, a 5.7 HEMI for the drivability or maybe just a Redram, small motor of some sort.

I am still trying to find a direction but it will be a full fendered rig, as I have all the parts to do so. I will do a non fender car next.

I like the site and hope to stumble through here and learn all I can. I am open to any suggestion of this car and it will be a part of me and done by me, no matter how bad it ends up being. I dont live in an area where there is a large amount of rat rods or close places to hang out. So the 5.7 was going to give it a decent look and make it dravable to make the trips to places far away.

enjoy the pics.

RUMBLON

DSCF4790.JPG

DSCF4706.JPG

DSCF4853.JPG

welcome you've got a nice start, good looking engine too, you gonna gasser that baby? we love gassers! that van is bad azz too! dp1

Welcome aboard! Love that 38. Keeping the ride height? Good looking van in the background too. Heck, ya shouldn't tease us, we like pics - do you have a pic of your entire line up?

Welcome aboard! Love that 38. Keeping the ride height? Good looking van in the background too. Heck, ya shouldn't tease us, we like pics - do you have a pic of your entire line up?

you asked for it. Here is most of it.

I have too many going at once. However I built a nice size shop and am working on several at this time. I tend to go from project to project, depending on what parts, I stumble across or trade for.

67 Dart, 340-6 pack/ Post car. 4 speed. Getting closer.
DSCF5708.JPG

67 Power wagon, in turmoil and now all apart, painted to match the 67 dart.
before
DSCF4122.JPG

some color on part of the 67 truck. Short wide.
Now
DSCF5835.JPG

DSCF5845.JPG

my 72 340 cuda in 1979. I owned it in highschool and sold it in 1981 and bought it back in the horrible condition in 1998. Also got back my highschool girlfriend from the late 70, early 80s. We are now in our 40s and have been together since 1991. Her car is next, she says. My old 72.

DSC03339.jpg

DSC03349.JPG

Hi Rumblon and welcome. Nice looking '38. And, as others mentioned, love that A100 as well. I need to see a picture of that !! I stumbled across this site a while back because I feel like you. Muscle cars are now the equivilant of fine art, to be collected and not handled, and not having the **** driven out of them like what they were designed for. Too many guys wanting to cash in for the big buck on that '64-'72 stuff making it impossible for a blue collar stiff with a mortgage and two credit card balances to pick one up. So, like you, I feel this is the avenue to travel down. Sort of the anti-Barrett-Jackson crowd hang out here. And that's a good thing. Again, welcome.

Thanks for the pics! That last one made me wanna cry, even though I know it ends well. Kinda like the Power Wagon too. I'm not big on shiny I guess....unless it's chrome.

Welcome to RRR. I just built my first "Rat" after many years of restoring "Muscle Cars". Most fun I've ever had. I have Mopar, AMC, Ford and Chevy Muscle Cars. I've found the Mopar Purist are the worst as far putting you down for not having the right hose clamp, paint dabs etc.

Have fun with your 38.

welcome to the site!! i think you'll like it here alot...i can surely appreciate all those mopar muscle cars, and love the pics of 'em all but like the majority of this crowd, feel as though the "profit-teers" have taken the fun out of musclecars - besides when my kids and their cousins were all crawling on, in, and around my "rat truck" on thanksgiving, no one was going to have a heart attack mysef included;) try that with a perfectly restored musclecar!!!!!!!!:eek:

looking forward to the progress on ALL of your projects, expecting regular updates!

Welcome.......

Welcome RUNBLON, nice looking projects you have there.
Thanks for the photos, we do enjoy seeing others "toys" and projects. ;)
This is a great place to learn from, so enjoy your time here. '22

Welcome to RRR, Rumblon. Nice collection of Mopars. I really like the 38 Plymouth your currently working on. That A100 has promise, too.

Welcome to RRR RUMBLON. Nice Mopar collection! I just bought my 15 year old son a decent, clean 73 Duster for his first car and I'm building a 392 Hemi for my own coupe. I may need your Mopar expertise in the future.

Welcome to the site. A fun bunch of toys, and projects you have there.
And if you are still looking for suggestions, I suggest you send some of those extra projects to my house.
Glad you found us.

Welcome to RRR. I just built my first "Rat" after many years of restoring "Muscle Cars". Most fun I've ever had. I have Mopar, AMC, Ford and Chevy Muscle Cars. I've found the Mopar Purist are the worst as far putting you down for not having the right hose clamp, paint dabs etc.

Have fun with your 38.

Yep, but to be honest, most of the so called purists these days are transfers from other brands who came to Mopar because of the prices. A real Mopar guy is the guy whose been the ******* child all of his life, at least thats what I experienced in the 70s and 80s. These newer breed of almost all brand of muscle car guys are that way. They really are not Hot rod guys at all, they are what I call commodity guys. They dont love the cars, work on the car, take them apart, weld, on them, grind on then, leave parts of their fingers, sweat and blood on them. They buy them at X amount of dollars in anticipation that the price will go up like any other commodity and then they resale them. Once that happens, they are onto something else. If they have an expensive car, like my Cuda vert, some act like they are of a higher class, because they have a 70-150K K. I dont show my cuda vert, except for one local show. However when i go to show and try and talk to some of trhe E body/ Cuda, challenger guys, they are pretentious these days. I bought mine when they were cheap, didnt take a second mortgage to get it and actually like other cars more because I can build them to fit my personality.

This 38 Plymouth will be all me, no matter what I do to it. It will be nothing like stock and be ridden hard. I AM NOT going to spend a ton of time on the sheet metal, mesaging it for countless hours, bit it wil get painted as I like painting them. Probably the body one color and the fenders black, which was the original look on the,. I was going to slam it and put a 5.7. as I want a driver I can take any where. If it did not have perfect fenders, ect, I would use it as a gasser. I know of other cars, so a gasser may be coming down the road.

thanks for the replies. I AM OFF ALL THREE DAYS OF MY WEEKEND THIS WEKEND AND AM GOING TO CHECK THIS SITE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. i AM ORDERING THE FATMAN FROM k MEMBER FOR THE 38 AFTER xMAS. Cant wait to get that in.

Dave

However, now that some of these cars are

Latest posts

Back