Another noob from Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcat55371

Banned
Princeton, Mn. D Bucket

1917 Dodge Bros 4dr body pulled out of a field broken in half. Chevy drivetrain, Ford headlights, Studebaker rear deck, home made quarters, chev tail lights, Speedway front axle with uni-steer setup.

Was at the Princeton swap last weekend and wanted to make the Frankenstieners this one but I lost an axle bearing crusing down the freeway. Tore rearend out and dropping it off today to get rebuilt and have the 410's removed and 323's put it. Getting really tired of my heating issue. Heats up on the highway and cools down in lower speeds so changing the gears should help and then some junkyard shopping for a larger waterpump pulley to slow water down should do it.

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi folks.

john

Attachments

• dbodys.jpg
    dbodys.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 17
  • dframe4.jpg
    dframe4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC0007 (Small).jpg
    DSC0007 (Small).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0105 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0105 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0120 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0120 (Small).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to RRR!

That is sweet!

We had a big discussion about heat and thermostats, etc. not long ago. Never really settled anything though...:p If you change out the rears, you may not want to mess with the pulley? I'd try it with the new gears first. Also, I can't tell, but are you getting all the air out of your system? - Can't see where your cap is. That would cause higher speed cooling issues real quick.

lol

Yeah I found the 8-track brand new at this guys site last year, http://www.jackbergsales.com/

If you look in front of the air cleaner you will see my filler neck. The rad doesnt have one. When I was up at the show was it's first time out this year and I had filled the over flow tank to high and then ran it up the freeway to get to the show, thats why it puked. It runs 220 on the freeway with the 410's in the rear and I dont have a tach but it's singing at that speed. When I left and went thru town it was running about 205 and 30mph. I'm dropping off the rearend on my way home at Magnum. He is going to put the 323's in for me. Hope to have it back on the road next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 9
yup

I have messed with the timing. Really doesnt seem to make much differance.
I have a small cooling system on this thing. It only hold about 10/12 quarts. Have not tried wetter water yet or anything like that. Have the rearend out right now and I'm waiting on the guy to get the gears swapped. So over the weekend I started framing up a top for it. :)

Latest posts

Back