another question.i have stock front springs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flat6rick

i want to find a spring that will lift the cars front sky high. like gasser high not bags but springs. got bunch more questions after i get these answered. thanks oh 53 ply

Last edited:
I doubt if just springs are going to do it for you. Even if you did, the front end geometry would be all out of whack if you raised it that much with the stock suspension. Most gassers go to a solid front axle.

on this build the the front axel was moved forward 4in and lifted another 4 and mono leafed the rear. All the stock front parts were used.

Attachments

• ratrod 002.jpg
    ratrod 002.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ratrod 003.jpg
    ratrod 003.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ratrod 004.jpg
    ratrod 004.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 8
taller springs and ball joint spacers. lets talk about that please. any info and or pictures? thanks

The '53 Plymouth had spindles with kingpins, not ball joints - so spacers are not an option. If you really want a true gasser look you will need to go to a solid axle setup. But remember, real gassers were rarely as high as they are interpreted today. That is more of a "street freak" style and not correct for the real race cars of the day. The gasser madness site should hopefully steer you in the right direction...

Is this going to be a street car? Remember most of the nose high gassers were strip cars and even though a lot of people will argue, they really weren't generally well suited for street driving. I remember the era of ball joint spacers (horseshoes) and remember a lot of people running them on the street. I also remember the crazy extreme camber change those cars would do when cornering. Extreme anything just for looks that compromises safety doesn't make good sense to me.

Latest posts

Back