Another trip to Candyland with photos.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry motomech, I was looking at the 31 Willis. I had forgotten I had the other photo. I pulled the photo up and enlarged it. Are you sure that's a bezel and not a standard headlight retaining ring. If you want I'll go back out there and look at it. If it's a bezel, then I'll pick it up and ship it to you. Shouldn't be any more than $15-$20 tops.

Sorry motomech, I was looking at the 31 Willis. I had forgotten I had the other photo. I pulled the photo up and enlarged it. Are you sure that's a bezel and not a standard headlight retaining ring. If you want I'll go back out there and look at it. If it's a bezel, then I'll pick it up and ship it to you. Shouldn't be any more than $15-$20 tops.

cool if it is a bezel or if it still has one on the front of the jeep and is in good condition ive been looking for one if you could get it for me ill send you some cash for the trouble let me know ill be on later tonight:D:D:D

28hotrod-A,

A little steep....try a lotta steep. That price was not what you were expecting. That price was for items from his warehouse. He was not about to sell you something from a rusted hulk in the yard. All junkyards take in junk and sell it to the public. Whatever is in prime condition gets dismantled and sold to body shops and mechanics. John's dad started a junk yard business, John turned it into a salvage yard business. He doesn't take in junk like his dad did. John doesn't deal with body shops and mechanics, he's a rodder and deals with other rodders. He hates selling rusted parts to rodders. He says that we deserve better. When I went looking for a 39 Dodge, he showed me 3 of them. One is way in the back, I won't go into details, $350. The second one is the one in the photos of another post, a flatbed with a second nose clip, $800. The third is in a warehouse, original paint, tires, keys, tags and title, and it runs, $3200. It's good that you found a suitable cab with doors for a good price. That's what you're supposed to do. When you've exhausted all your searches, or you have to travel across country, then you contact john.

yes if I had too I would have bought those doors from your friend. I am on my way to houston in October to visit my brother . will be passing thru San Antone could have saved the shipping costs that way was really thinking of doing that. till I found this cab.
again I thank you for your time.

You're welcome 28hotrod-A

Motomech, I went out there and looked at it. It's what's left of a chome bezel, but it's not to the Willis. Both retaining rings and bezels are gone. I talked with John and he doesn't have any in stock. He'll make some phone calls and get back to me on it. He says it's a rare item and it'll take some internet searching to find one, or put a want ad in a restorers magazine. Sorry I couldn't help.

no problem i was told that a early 50's chevy truck had the same bezels but i cant find any local around here im gonna see if LMC trucks has a repop one for sale:)

Latest posts

Back