another Virginian checking in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olebeater

Been around the grease pit a while, plenty of busted knuckles and midnite oil burnt. I've done 55 chevys, 1st gen. Camaros, 69 C10 and a few VW's. Right now the rat rod thing has caught my interest and I have aquired a 47 Ford cab and hood. What I would like to kno is if anyone in Va. or within reasonable distance has a 2x4 frame/chassis built for a project they may have lost interest in for sale. Looking for something in the 118" to 125" range.I want to keep this build short and simple to keep it within rat rod guide lines.You know, do with what ya got. I'm asking this before I undertake the adventure of building one myself; something I have no experience in. Can weld but the layout would be the challange. Look forward to hearing from some of you and appreciate any and all help, I will do the same on my end. Thanks..........Roland

Welcome to the site. Good luck on finding a frame. Just remember all frames that have been built are not the same. Some are in need of being cut apart, and re-welded. If you have welding experiance the layout is not so bad. ( rat rods have guidelines?)

Beater,
Welcome to the forum & glad u found us. We'd love to see what u've been up to as well so post some pictures when u get a chance! In the mean time... make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!

rat rods have guidelines?

WHAT... no one sent u the memo! Sorry dude!

Note to self: Send the Bonehead the RR guidelines memo...quick!!! Next thing ya know... he'll be puttin' skulls & stuff on his car!!!
:D:D:D

BoB

RR guide lines

yeah, you kno the guide lines.......make do with what ya got!!!!! Nowhere near Ky., Im on the other side, close to Richmond.............

Welcome to RRR. The only guidelines I know of is there are no guidelines ! :D

Latest posts

Back