Another "What's it worth"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddingRon

A man in his natural habitat....a Studebaker
I don't have this yet, but there is better then a 50/50 chance that I'll end up with it. Not sure what I'd do with it, other then probably clean it up and flip it. I'll find out tomorrow either way if it's coming home or not...so "What's it worth?"

fi88_zps0197c885.jpg

I checked around and a few years ago a guy had a sbc Hilborn rebuilt for $2,100. He sold it with zero miles on it for $1,700. It was complete with pump bypass, etc.

I have poked around looking into hilborn stuff recently and just what you have there (no pump or drive cover) used should net you any where from $750 - $1000. I have seen complete units, used, with pump and drive cover etc go for $1200 - $1300

Bob and John,
Thanks for your input.
A guy at work does an auction every week with his father, and this along with another intake and a few other car parts were at this weeks auction. The guy I work with always lets me know when things like this show up, and then he'll bid for me (and being the auctioneer, he sometimes gets things cheap)

I was kind of leaning toward the $5-600 range as far as a value, that's why I only offered $2-250. He ended up selling it for almost $500, so he was both surprised and happy for his commision on that. There was also another old single 4 barrel tunnel ram with a beat up Predator carb that he got around $250 for....again more then I was willing to spend for what it was

Again thanks for the input

You really didn't think you was going to get it for $ 250 did you.
?:cool:

No...I really didn't expect it for $250, but this guy has turned some other deals that I never expected either. He normally does house hold items...attic clean outs and the sort, but occasionally gets car related stuff. When he gets car stuff he lets me know and I've been quite surprised with what I got stuff for. That's why I made the comment in the original post that it was a better then a 50-50 chance. Maybe I was wishing a little to much that he'd pull off another plesant surprise.

This is the tunnel ram I mentioned he had also....I told him I wouldn't go more then $100 on this, and he got around $250...

fi89_zps3375d032.jpg

All that said....I did get one thing from the auction that I'm happy with...

An old set of Unity fog lights. I think they were worth the $40 I paid for them... Chrome's peeling of the one, but like I said, I'm happy.

DSCN1453_zps3b060127.jpg

Latest posts

Back