Any Arborists Here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo is my choice. Husky don't even make a commercial grade saw any more.

I have 5 saws, 4 echo and 1 Stihl. Use them daily with no issues and two of my echos are about 12 years old.

From a fire fighter point of view i tend to like the stihl, i've used husky in the old days, but i cut roofs not trees [S and easy to work on and all parts easy to come by.
There's my 2 cents

Used Husky's when I was in the wood business. Now, use the cheapo Poulans. No more than I use one, it's all I need, if it quits, get another for less than $150 at Wally World. Have an Echo string trimmer and a Echo yard blower, both work great.

Mostly Stihl for me. I've owned others. Husky's did me right. One of the best saws I ever had was a Poulan 3400 Counter-vibe. But the saw I have now is by far the best I've ever owned and made by Stihl at the peak of their game. It's an 036 Pro. Even the guys at the Stihl shop told me it is the best saw Stihl ever made and I would not be as happy with a new 360.
I spec'ed the 036 with a 28" bar when I bought it new in 2001. The longer bar is much easier on my back because I don't have to bend over as far.

my husky's ok .. yep 18" logs with a 16'' bar ,,, and it seems to go ok .. I like to think that its me that needs the rest break .... but blame the saw..

over here ( New Zealand), they have a better warranty than Stihl....

My bro in law runs a stihl, have to admit its a good saw ... think its a bit like the ford or chev argument....

both good take your pick ,,,, but make sure you go with the crank all the way through - more expensive brands---- not half way as is the case with some cheaper chainsaws,,, better reliability , less vibration

Latest posts

Back