Any idea on these carbs.....?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooligan36

Im not real familiar with Rochester 2g's, this guy claims these are 2 g's... I have no idea and this is the only pic I have

Rochesters1.jpg

Here's the cover of three different tech sheets on the 2G carbs, some newer, some older. The average is 30 years old, I have the rest of the sheets with the adjustment and set up of the carbs if you need it. Just give me a shout if you do. Sniper

Attachments

• 2G Carb.jpg
    2G Carb.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Late Model 2G.jpg
    Late Model 2G.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Model 2 G.jpg
    Model 2 G.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 6
I'd say they were both 2G carbs, but not of the same series, so they don't match. The one on the right is an earlier one. The left one has the hose off the top of the bowl, it likely went to a charcoal canister that was used in the later years. There should be a number stamped into the main body, usually 8 digits long. Should be able to track down what they were off of, and the year.
Sniper

Last edited:
Yep, 2G carbs. Any auto parts store should stock the universal rebuild kits. Are you gonna run progressive linkage or 1 to 1?. Edelbrock used to make a Unisync to tune dual carbs.

There were so many Rochester 2 barrel carbs made throughout the years that it is very confusing. Some were the simple ones like used on mid '60's Chevy 283 engines and some were more complicated and included smog type stuff, and were used on later cars.

The ones I looked for when buying them for my 394 Olds tripower setup were the early ones (small base, side fuel inlet) that came on 283 type engines. It is hard to tell from your picture which ones you have there, but at least the one looks to be from a later engine.

Here are the ones I am running, the early versions. (Reason I like the side fuel inlet is that it makes hooking up fuel lines easier and they can be mounted tighter)

Don

dodgemakingsomeprogressonfronten-7.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention that some Rochesters are large base bolt pattern ones, like used on 442 and GTO tripower setups. Here is what those look like.

Don

dans30firewallcutout003-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back