Any ideas for draining oil pan on flattie?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to change my oil on my 8BA and I couldn't tell ya when the last time somebody changed the oil. I have tried a crescent wrench and almost gave myself a charlie horse. Do you have to take off all the bolts around the diameter or just the center one? Any help fellas is appreciated.

Don't know too much about the flat heads but...

I am trying to change my oil on my 8BA and I couldn't tell ya when the last time somebody changed the oil. I have tried a crescent wrench and almost gave myself a charlie horse. Do you have to take off all the bolts around the diameter or just the center one? Any help fellas is appreciated.

are you talking about the oil pan clean out plate? those are normally only on commercial engines like trucks not so much on passenger car motors...I think there is 7 or 8 bolts / studs holding that on.....as well as the drain plug.... I guess i'm not sure what problem your are having other than the drain plug is frozen....[S

Give us a picture of what you are dealing with. A cresent wrench is the last tool you should use, as you will probably booger up the hex head. A proper fitting 6 point socket is the right way to do this.

Don

Appreciate the feedback guys

thanks fellas, i'll give it a try. I got frustrated and changed out the carb and alternator instead. I'll come back to the oil tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back