Any members near Casper, Wyo? I need a "hitman"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I shipped a 38 Ford Bumper frm Spearfish and the first stop was Casper and that is where tracking lost it. Can someone go down to the UPS store and find the s.o.b. that works there who has a 38 Ford and get my bumper back.:rolleyes:
How in the h^&* do you loose a bumper. One other time I shipped a whole set of NOS trim for a 72 Ford pu. I wrapped it in bubble wrap so tight I had to really stuff to get it into a 6 " PVC and sealed the ends. It got to the buyer with one end off and all the contents gone. And it was beat to s%^% like they had ran over it and dragged it for about a mile.
OK, rant over..for now.

Last edited:
I ordered in about a ton of hammered steel bar, and it was lost. Twice.
Somebody is building something somewhere. The shipping co. paid for it twice, before I finally got the 3rd order.

UPS again.

I stop using them because of the same problem. I had the same parts not making to my shop three times. Each time they got lost in the same location. I had the parts shipped to me by a different co. guess what they made it. The parts were Haley parts and I was trying to get the bikes done for a show. talk about getting behind schedule. Tried to talk to ups about the problem. They said that none of there employees would steal the parts. The parts that they did not deliver were about $3000.00 worth. Times three make $9000.00 dollars. I am not sure if the co shipping there part even got there money back for the lost parts from ups. I know I will never use UPS again.

I can go on about other parts not making to me or parts I shipped not making it to there location. But after this last incident I had enough with UPS. Yea some times I did get the empty boxes.

I had a person that worked for another big shipping Co. tell me that they will put the parts on an other truck but do not scan them. They would drop them some were and come back and get them later. This Co. caught the people that were doing it. It happen to be independent contractors. A lot of the shipping co. are using them.

Keep an eye on ebay. Sometimes the parts show up there. Thats how I found one of may parts that never made it to there location. It happen to be one of my custom made parts. Yes may custom parts are numbered. It did make for some interesting E mails between the seller and myself.

Last edited:
I try to avoid UPS whenever possible. I find FedEx to be cheaper most times, and I think they take a little more care with the packages. Friend of mine used to work for UPS and told me horror stories. Some of their people take great delight in seeing how far they can toss a package, especially if it has fragile marked on the outside. :eek: Never could understand the fun in that one.

Don

I try to avoid UPS whenever possible. I find FedEx to be cheaper most times, and I think they take a little more care with the packages. Friend of mine used to work for UPS and told me horror stories. Some of their people take great delight in seeing how far they can toss a package, especially if it has fragile marked on the outside. :eek: Never could understand the fun in that one.

Don

I have stepped inside the ups van a few tims to sign for a package and looked in the back. The packages looked like they had been in a gorilla kick ball game.
One of my stepdaughters is a handler for them in Dallas, I'll have to get her slant.
Problem with fedex is they will not insure used or vintage items past $100.

Don

That great. Like I always say. "Some people are born A##holes and other work hard to become one." I would like to have there IQ checked.

I shipped a Dinosaur leg bone one time to Idaho I was freakin the whole time because it weighed right at their limit with crating which I think it was 400 or 300 pounds and the thing was feet long, I figured it would get destroyed but it didn't I was amazed [S

UPS is an absolute joke. Shipping anything across the border with them is retarded. If you like paying 60-75% of an items cost in brokerage fees UPS is the way to go.

I have actually had better luck with similar delivery times from USPS then any other shipping courier when shipping across the border.

Huh. UPS. I've worked there for 25 years. Seen a lot, heard about a lot more. Individuals steal, and in some places it is easy. It's the business structure that destroys and looses your package. The UPS way is constantly increasing brutal pressure. Both employees and supervisors. If a shift manager can't meet the pieces per hour quota they will eventually be walked out. Whatever it takes to meet those numbers all the way down.

Uhm, that was 3 1/2 years ago dude.
:eek: I've had my big laugh today so now I can go to bed and sleep good [cl
What's so funny is I read the whole thread and didn't realize it was that 3 1/2 years ago [S :D [ddd
While I'm here, UPS destroyed an original flathead Ford radiator I bought and refused to pay for it still to this day :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 12
i ordered stuff and got it shipped through ups as well before and when i received it some of the parts were either missing or damaged UPS Is complete crap

Latest posts

Back