Any Photographers, I have ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydrocarbon Rocket

Hey guy's. I've been contacted by a national Industry related magazine editor about doing an article on my propane motorcycle. He has asked me for some high resolution photo's and I'm not sure if my wife's Polaroid digital camera with 6 mega pixel is considered high resolution. This guy wants to run the article in the January edition so I have a short time to get something done. Its an opportunity that I don't want to miss but I don't want to look like the dumb Hillbilly that I am and send him some crap pics.

I'm not asking someone to take photo's for me, I just want to know if what I have would be considered high resolution?

Hey guy's. I've been contacted by a national Industry related magazine editor about doing an article on my propane motorcycle. He has asked me for some high resolution photo's and I'm not sure if my wife's Polaroid digital camera with 6 mega pixel is considered high resolution. This guy wants to run the article in the January edition so I have a short time to get something done. Its an opportunity that I don't want to miss but I don't want to look like the dumb Hillbilly that I am and send him some crap pics.

I'm not asking someone to take photo's for me, I just want to know if what I have would be considered high resolution?

should be plenty depending on the picture size --
but the problem wont be your camera but what your
camera's resolution is set to -- sounds like you want it to be
set to the "highest" quality - youll have to refer to your manual
to make sure its set there and how to change it
also ---- when youre uploading
or saving the photos to send -- there may be an option when that you can change the resolution - usually has options like economy to highest quality -- but the camera should be fine :) to answer your question -- just make sure its set to its highest setting

Yes that camera is fine. Digital cameras usually have 3 different resolutions, use the highest. For print, high resolution is typically 300dpi (dots per inch). They should tell you what size photo they require. This will either be in inches or pixels & a specific resolution usually 300dpi. There are also issues in taking photos for publication... reflectors, lighting, angle, model/no model etc. Look at their mag & see what they like & use.

BoB

Thanks for the quick responses! I guess while I got some sunshine in between church today, I need to drag it out and polish on it a bit and see what happens.

they say the best times to photograph in natural light are early in the morning
and in the evening when the suns getting low - or in cloudy settings or the shade - something about the reflections and even lighting - i dont really have any clue -- i dont usually pay that much attention - just point and click --
but im just passing on info i have read.

This is what I got so far. The background is terreble but, they can photchop in a frieght train in the background if they wan't. May get some snow pics up on Christmas.

SDC10099.jpg

SDC10093.jpg

SDC10090.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb282/5714carrie/SDC10087.jpg

Take it out past that chain link fence so that there is nothing but trees in the background. For one shot, take a low shot - always looks good. And make sure not to cut off the top of the bike.

It's digital - take 50 shots of it from crazy angles and see what looks good.

Let me just say... it is very hard to take a picture of something that is basically black & white. Try to use reflectors to bounce light on the black wheels etc. This will help define those areas better.

BoB

Latest posts

Back