Anybody done a 'cab-over' rat?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

I saw this today but it's a little too beat up for me. (looked like a different truck from afar in the bushes) And had a cool idea of mounting the cab on the rear wheels... I wanna know if it's been done (I mean, I'm sure it HAS, but if you guys know of any!? :D)

I'll attach a quick MSPaint pic of my idea...

-Andrew

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 63
  • cab over design.jpg
    cab over design.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 42
Mid - engine cabover

I think this is something along the lines of what your talking about??? :confused: Mounting the cab over the rear wheels?????:eek: I don't know if that's been done, or why you would want to???

Attachments

• bigal30182.jpg
    bigal30182.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
You can probably find a practically new one if you keep an eye out for used fire trucks. My wife said I can't have one - I already tried. :(

The cab in the back idea would be like some bizarre monster dragster!? Why not?

COEs are friggin UGLY! Thats why there so darn cool. I came across a '41 Chevy Cab Over Engine this summer, guy wanted the price of scrap for it. Thoughts of making a hauler were dancing through my head. It was in pretty decent shape too, Old fire truck low miles.

Dodge cabover

Hey ufslious does the Dodge look like this? I had it given to me, has a 354 Hemi.

100_0671.jpg

OK, leave the cab up high,move cab & motor back leaving the grill front & extend the hood sloping down toward the grill,extend the fenders & square off the door, maybe extend the back of the cab. Heck put a bus behind the cab.....LOL:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back