Anybody here rich?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
I was surfing the other site and someone posted a thread about a plane he just bought. It was a brand new reproduction of a German Me-190. I wonder what that cost. I stopped by my friends shop, "Hot Rods and Hobbies", to see what he was working on. The various cars hes working on run from $250-$500K. The guy I sold my Biscayne to gives his wife $5K a day gambling money. It boogles my mine, in this economy, that people have that kind of disposable income.

One area, I work in, there is a housing project of "tract" mansions. Starting price, 5 years ago, was 2 million with 20 million in upgrades. Every one is sold.

Wish I could go back and become a doctor or lawyer......sigh

PS - My wife's boss is dating a BILLIONAIRESS :eek:

American dream

I always thiugt the American dream was "any body can strike it rich in America" and I guess a lot of people are fullfilling the American dream. And seeing how 50% of the people who work in America pay NO federal income tax,I guess the other 50% is paying for both. Never did like that part.LFE

it must be nice, ha! I would love to have that kind of income but not having it has made me a better person I think. Not having it has forced me to learn alot of things becuase I can't just buy a fast car or a brand new house with all the trimmings. Nothing against money though, that's what makes this country great and if someone has the ability to go out there and make a couple million, then good for them. They don't owe me anything. That being said; I'll never be a millionaire, but i will retire in a coastal community (not in a mansion or anything :p) with a couple million in the bank and a fast car. Nothing fancy, just comfort and security is all I'm after in the long run.

Im not rich but I am a D.I.N.K. double income no kids!!! Im 42 6 years left on the note to the house. I guess im comfortable. Still live check to check though. I know theres no plane in my future! As far as what I can afford its not much. Cant even think about buying one of these McMansions her in Jersey. There is no affordable homes left. a decent home here starts around$225,000. and thats nothing special.

I'ts called more money than brains, look at eBay.....go figure... Freak, I know about being an dink! The freaking goverment think we're made of money!!!grouchy

Perspective
One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip
to the country
with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be
considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was
the trip?"

"It was great, Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah," said the son.

"So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered:

"I saw that we have one dog and they had four.

We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have
a creek that has no end.

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at
night.

Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go
beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.

We buy our food, but they grow theirs.

We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to
protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.

Then his son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are."

[ It was a brand new reproduction of a German Me-190. ]

Yeah but what good is it..... Hitler had a whole whack of'm to and look where it got him. :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't have money...I live pay check to pay check and have to budget a few bucks here and there for my toys. It's a good thing my dad taught me the mechanical workings of a car and a good friend taught me the in's and outs of metal working and body work or I wouldn't have any kind of car except maybe a p.o.s. BUT I think I"m the richest person around!!! I have family that loves me and I have a chocolate lab that thinks I'm the best person on earth. Add a couple of very good friends and I couldn't ask for anything more. God I love my life...thanks for asking!

Yeah buddy ,could you see your self as a lawyer or doctor ,and driving that rat rod!!!???
I shure cant! I'M happy as i am and i dont think that money will buy true happyness either.
What do you think that them rich people see when we drive buy them in our rat rods ,that we built and dont have to pay some one else to work on for us.
We are lucky to be ''RAT RODDERS''!!!!!
'''LONG LIVE THE RAT RODDERS''' :cool:

Yeah buddy ,could you see your self as a lawyer or doctor ,and driving that rat rod!!!???

What do you think that them rich people see when we drive buy them in our rat rods ,that we built and dont have to pay some one else to work on for us.

They think I'm a Lawyer and I should try and get some laws passed to outlaw these dangerous cars. :eek:

I'M happy as i am and i dont think that money will buy true happyness either.
'''LONG LIVE THE RAT RODDERS''' :cool:
Tell that to my cousin. She married a Doctor who was old enough to be her father. She claims money does buy happiness and man does she flaunt it. Her husbands actually a nice guy, its her I can't stand. :p

A guy I used to work for had a funny poster on his wall. It was a picture of a monkey in a business suit with a big cigar. It read " I've been rich and I've been poor..........rich is better!!"

There are some people out there with more money than we can imagine. If you look at something like Barrett-Jackson and the guys who can bid a million bucks or more on a car, that tells us something. A home was broken into in Naples Florida a while back and the thief got some paintings off the wall........$ 3.5 million worth of paintings !! :eek: When I worked at the marina I would see people all the time who could come in and buy a new 40 footer and write a check. Yep, there is some serious money out there.

I've never been rich but have earned a good living in some years. Other times I have been down on my luck. Right now I took early retirement (not my choice) so my disposable income is cut dramatically, however, I get by and plan to go back to work pretty soon.

As buckeyedon's post mentions above, money isn't the most important thing in life.......oh sure, it makes things a lot more convenient and less stressful maybe, but when they drop you into your final resting spot it won't be the thing that defines you. It will be the people around you who love and respect you that will be your legacy.

I consider myself as weathy as they come because I have the love of my two Sons and have had great loving relationships with a few wonderful ladies over the years. That, and the memories I have I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China (does tea still come from China, or do they just manufacture stuff now? :rolleyes:)

The last guy I worked for made a fortune in the marina business, but he is the most miserable, despicable human being on the face of the earth. Never has a good thing to say about anyone, hates everyone but himself, and his kids can't wait for him to kick the bucket so they can get his money. Even being around him was enough to make you sick. At the end he sold his marina for $ 13.9 million, walked out the door and didn't care what happened to all the people who had been with him for years and who made him all that money. If his Son hadn't taken care of us we wouldn't have gotten squat.

Nope, I'll take my paycheck to paycheck existance any time. :D:D

Don

Latest posts

Back