Anybody know this Idaho rat?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Anyone seen it? An old friend of mine was looking at it and asked me what I thought (he doesn't like the grille - I don't either.) It's hard to tell what I'm seeing, but I'm kinda wondering what's up with the shackles?

00V0V_bQGPm0rjcwN_600x450.jpg

01414_7ud2f60oAiw_600x450.jpg

Yeah, He said it's a 37 Chevy cab chopped 5". But it looks like the shackles are pointing straight down to the axle from the springs? [S

I told my buddy to get a better pic of the front suspension and find out if it had a good title. Either one would be a deal buster in my book - he's looking for a turn-key.

Best of luck to your friend. (No sarcasm this time, I really mean it.)

Some better pics would be nice and yeah, the front end is strange to say the least. I'm willing to bet... no brakes in those (original?) hubs and the dust cap appears to be missing as well...

Idaho rat

I haven't seen it, but did call the guy asking if he another parts. I too have a 37 chevy rat in process. he did have any left over stuff.

If you look at the interior pictures, ie. the dash, look like something from a 41-46 chevy.

Dungbeetle . . .

Attachments

• 006 (1024x768).jpg
    006 (1024x768).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 47
Yep that's a 41-46 cab, can tell by the cab shape, bodylines, and firewall stampings. If he doesn't know what year the cab is I would be starting to get a little leary.

Latest posts

Back