Anyone ever seen a church pew as a seat?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvin4jc

I'm sitting on seat springs right now and that was cute for the first 3 weeks of the season but it's starting to get old. So I need to either do some work to it or replace it with something else. I like the idea of using an old church pew for a seat, what do you think?

P.S. If you need to imagine i'm using seat belts to make yourself more comfortable then go ahead but you don't need to include them in your ideas or suggestions ;)

We used to have one in the house for seating and it was not very popular. It did make a good place to accumulate stuff and basically turned into a long (low) shelf.

sheesh, you lot in the usa are truly blessed if you have comfortable pews in church.

no way would I think of using a pew in a car unless it was only to move the car out onto the driveway from the shed. :D [;)

Only reason to use a pew in a car would be to pray that your car made it to where you were going. I cant imagine much that would be less comfortable. [S

Yeah, even an hour on Sunday mornings is uncomfortable enough, can't imagine one for use in a car. At least in church you get a little break occasionally when you get down on your knees. :D

Don

Hey JC

I wouldnt even think about a church pew. These rust buckets we all so love are not safe to begin with. Sitting on a piece of wood...That is crazy. I know it is all about the bang for the buck but dont waste your time. Go get some decent bucket seats and a good set of seat belts too...use the biggest bolts you can find to mount all this stuff too. You wanna live to enjoy this hobby right???

just my 2 cents.

MikeC

I'm not too worried about the comfort. I'm a pastor and I've grown up in church my whole life. I guess my butt is either now shaped like a pew or completely calloused over. Either way these seat springs aren't any better, they're bad enough to make a preacher cuss (ask me how I know..)

I saw a early 50's Chevy pickup with a porch swing for a seat, i guess a church pew would just be a heavy duty version?[S

I'm too old to sit on anything that isn't padded for long anymore. Guess thats a case of the gone ***.:D

Latest posts

Back