Anyone running no turn signals?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty46

I see that before the early 50's that most vehicles never came with turn signals. Anybody done the traditional thing without using them?

Yep...'29 Ford Tudor...

During the build I installed all the wiring, hardware and have the turn sig unit sitting on the shelf just in case I change my mind later on.

Most drivers 50 or less won't know what the hand signals are, or what they mean. But I'm sure you would get a few that they do know! No signal lights could be a bit dicey with todays drivers. The idea is to convey to them what your intensions are, confuse them and you'll likely be found at fault if you get nailed. Your call.:eek:

Most of my cars have them but I also use... ummm... hand signals quite often in H-town's traffic! :eek:[ddd[ddd:eek:

BoB

With LED's you can hide them real easy. I wouldn't think of running without signals, but then, people that don't use their turn signals is one of my biggest pet peeves - so it would be hypocritical of me not to.

I'm not gonna risk my massive amount of time and effort on not running signals. I'm worried about my signal and brake lights not being noticeable enough as it is.

Very sound advice from everyone. Install and use turn signals. With the amount of maroons driving on the roads today, they need all the help they can get!:eek:

My 27 has them, only because my Sons insisted I install them. My 23 had them but I had installed the switch under the seat and it was hard to find, and I kicked it a few times and wiped it out. (I'll never put any switch under the seat again) But I drove the car with no signals for 3 years and really had no problem using hand signals..........maybe because I grew up driving lots of cars without turn signals.

I thought it was cool and traditional, personally. :D

Don

Latest posts

Back