Anyones neighbor ever.....?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend was telling me about one of mine calling on me. He was listening to the scanner and it came across that on Lindsey St. someone dropped off a car with no hood, no fenders, the glass is busted out and it has expired tags on it. I drove thecar the night before and was to tired to put it up so I left it on the street that night. The cop came back to dispatch and said that's just a hot rod. That's the way is suppose to look!
Cool cop huh? By the way this is my car. I was running a 1961 tag but in Ky you can with the YOM law. Pic of the car in question. I left it out for a couple weeks just to tick them off even more.
DSCF3235.jpg

You should buy it yourself. Eventually someone else will buy it.

Yeah, I suspect that's true, but to tie up $60,000 plus stiff yearly taxes to keep it empty is a little spendy. Got other things I would rather spend it on.

But at least they will know what they are going to be living next to! And I do tend to go out and work in the shop at odd hours. During the winter, I like to watch the 10PM news and then go back out for a couple of hours.

The only nieghbor I have within sight is a 90 year old lady that lives in a house that was converted into a chicken coop accross the road from my house. Near as I can tell she has zero interest in cars, mostly keeps to her self but once in a while she'll talk to me while I'm getting my mail. Last time she showed me her cat's kittens. Most of the land around me is owned by out of towners that only show up for the different hunting seasons in the state. There is an abandoned house next to the old lady's place that is half fallen down and the other house that is on the road is made out of a couple of old travel trailers with a roof over it so I doubt if anyone cares about the clunkers that sit on my property.

m212873498.jpg

No nieghbors to the south.

m201899302.jpg

None to the East.

m185701701.jpg

None to the North either.

m212190557.jpg

When no one complains about a house like this I don't think I have to worry much about a few old clunkers laying around. A little farther south there is an Indian Reservation of sorts, some of them places are pretty rough. Funny thing is a little farther to the west there is a river with houses that are worth almost a million dollars. The road I live on is used as a short cut but the rich folk. It isn't unusual to see a busted down pickup to be followed by a brand new Porsche or BMW.

All my neighbors are COUGARS.. I just turned 30 myself and i have owned my home for around 5 years now.. Them late 30s to early 50s girls on my block sure know how to keep the tattooed up hot rod driving new guy on the block feel welcome.. However one of thems husbands is an indiana state trooper and when i tend to get the rod out of the garage he tends to come down and we have a shouting match maybe 3 times a year and sometimes he calls a uniform over who tells him to go home normally.. Anyway yeah almost all my neighbors love the 7 cars and car trailer lined down my single car garage driveway.. Or at least they all pretend to..

Latest posts

Back