are they the same??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkulture8

I know i asked a similar question a little while back but i need a deffinate answer. Is all 1932 frames the same?(besides engine mounts) or do they differ between chevy's, ford's, and plymouth's? I appreciate it

If I understand your question, you are asking if a 32 Ford frame is the same as a 32 Chevy or a 32 Plymouth. The answer is absolutely not. Not even close. No more than a Ford motor is the same as a Chevy or Plymouth engine.

Don

Like Don said. The frames are completely different among the various manufacturers. Just as an example, 32 Fords used a single transverse leaf sping in the front and 32 Chevrolets used a pair parallel leafs.

This doesn't mean that you can't adapt different bodies to work with different frames though.

Actually, have you found a body to build from yet?
If so, then a suggestion would be for you to build your own chassis/frame.
Then you would have a very dependable build with out any thoughts of a possible problem from an old frame.
Good luck in your hunt :D

Maximo

Depending on what you are going to build, consider a reproduction frame. They aren't super cheap, but when you figure the cost of finding an original frame, sandblasting it, fixing 80 years of wear and tear, boxing it, etc. they are not such a bad deal. IMO the frame is the most important component in a build, like the foundation of a house. If it isn't square and sturdy the rest of the car will never be right.

Don

Latest posts

Back