Are you loyal to any one brand of car??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not really partial, but somehow i always end up with fords for some reason. Im comfortable with chevy motors, only because ive dealt with them more, but now i have an olds motor so i guess ill learn about them.

Im sure I will catch some flack for this, but my brand loyalty is to Toyota.
Hodag

I don't think anyone can fault you for that. When I used to drive about 50,000 miles a year in business my vehicles were always Toyota Corollas.......couldn't kill them. Only options I put on were a stereo and a/c and I would get another one at the 150,000 mile mark even though they were still running great.

Hondas are another winner. The one my Son drives now has about 160,000 on it and he doesn't hesitate to drive it across the State or anywhere. No question the Japanese cars give you a lot of bang for the buck.

Don

I like most any type of car. I am not a big fan of the body styles of the Dodge vehicles, thought that they were a little boxxy in the 60's, and not real big fan of the fords of the late 60's and early 70's. i like the 60 pontiacs. \\Pablo

uhh..

I was a MOPAR guy, but then I grew up!

Seriously, I caught that "Mopar or NoCar" attitude early in my gearhead career, most likely due to my father's prior experience. I had it so bad that when I met my future wife, she had a '71 smallblock Cougar - I told her to give it to her brother because it was "just a Ford." What a dumb move - it was worth a WHOLE lot more than my slant six '69 Dart Custom that was by then pretty much a beater.

Since those days of innocence and college, I began working on cars full time. Now I have an appreciation for all makes, be they American or Japanese (let's leave out the European stuff, ok?)

But my favorite engines are Oldsmobile ones ( I currently have 7) and anything else oddball. Only engine I don't really go for is the bellybutton SBC. Nothing beats the torque of a big block anyway, and Olds motors are the kings of torque! Plus, GM automatic overdrives bolt right up!

440shorty

P.S. I've sold my Mopars, finally.

hey Guys
Me, I actually like any brand/make, of classic cars :D, even you rodders that are into rat rods, there really growing on me:)

I've owned a few cars, and have no brand loyalty.. :p
Although looking at the lise, most were GM vehicles

2 Buicks
12 Chevys
5 Dodges
1 Datsun
10 Fords
1 GMC
2 Mazdas
1 Mercedes
1 Mercury
4 Oldsmobiles
1 Plymouth
9 Pontiacs
and 2 Toyotas

Born and raised Chevrolet. The wife an i had been married a few years some how we got an old ford maverick that car hated me from day one every time i went off in it it would break down. The wife could drive it all over with no problems. She drove it so long the rear shocks came through the back seat i had to rebuild the hangers finally junked it one of my happiest days lol

I don't really have any preference. If anything I prefer Ford & Chevy because the parts are easier to get. I also feel a little more confortable with a Chevy engine, reliability-wise :)

I tend to lean to Chevys but I have built a Buick with a sbc in it, a Ford with a 302 then later a 460. I had 2 Track roadsters, 1st with a 2000cc Pinto, 2nd with a V6 Chevy. I do like the sbc, crate motors are strong runners, reasonable price for the horspower. They fit almost anything, and when you go to sell the car, it seems most people want a SBC in it.

I don't limit myself to any one make...I've built and played with fords, pontiacs, buicks, oldsmobiles, MGs, triumphs, IH, Jeeps, I've even owned a chevy.. The one make I have never owned/worked was a Chrysler product. Don't know why but I guess one just never presented it self. It doesn't really matter to me what make it is but rather how that particular car or engine or combination happens to move me at that moment. I've had fun learning on all of them. My .02

While I grew up in a family that was primarily a Ford family, I started the trek being a die hard Chevy guy. My first car was a 71 SS 454 Chevelle, and just about everything after that I owned was always a BBC.
Even when I started racing, engine of choice was always a BBC until.....I was building my first blower motor and the builder/machinist told me to build a hemi. This was almost a sin in my mind. Long story short, after spending a huge amount of money on a blown alky BBC, I put three passes on it and realized that it was going to die a fast death, so while the engine was still worth something I pulled it and built a hemi.
As far as racing goes, there is nothing better. Lots of parts available and very easy to work on. A huge consideration when you are servicing the deal every round.
Also when I started racing, I was still using a Chevy truck with a BBC in it. Got into diesels shortly after that and shortly after that got into Fords with the Powerstrokes. The rear brakes in the Chevy's where always going and it was starting to get old, that is the only reason why I switched over to the Ford in the first place.
Since then I have gone through several Ford dually's, when I quit racing I had a F-250, now I drive a F-150 with a gas motor. And this is probably the nicest truck I have ever had, we'll worry about changing the plugs when the time comes...lol.
Wife has an Expedition that I like as well, so I guess it's safe to say that I have come full circle and followed in my Pop's footsteps.
Building the 33/34 right now and it will have a blown hemi in it. Still partial to those things for some reason.

Latest posts

Back