Arm Drop Live in KC, MO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlsmoku

there were only a couple old skool trucks there, but I did get pics. If your interested in the other drag cars, I have a ton more, but this sites mostly rats so I don't wanna bore you if your not interested. anywho Rich Christiansen from the show PINKS, started a new event called Arm Drop Live...basically like a PINKS all out event but no tv cameras....still a 10k purse which is cool!

anywho - enough chat - heres the few pics I did get. lf you wanna see more i'll post em:

08-22-08ArmDropLive12.jpg

08-22-08ArmDropLive13.jpg

08-22-08ArmDropLive56.jpg

08-22-08ArmDropLive93.jpg

08-22-08ArmDropLive126.jpg

and this is prolly my fav pic I took of my friend and his daughter (love the hats)
collincali.jpg

and on a really bad note, I blew up the motor on my camaro dialing it in for this event...so it looks like I am a poser and can't start my rat project until next summer :( I suck....

Last edited:
Awesome shots. Tell us more about this event please.

Its coming to Memphis, Sept 19 and 20th (friday and saturday). Ill be there saturday. Was it just as good as Pinks All Out?

I went to the PINKS all out in St. Louis and to me atleast it was a lot better. buy in was $50 compared to $90 for PINKS all out(to race), but it's not televised.

basically they let up to 400 cars into the event and you get two qualifying passes. at that point they pick 128 cars to compete in the event. I believe your car has to run 13's and faster to get in btw.

after that they pair you up with someone thats close to your times (will be like a 10.0 -10.5 class), and the "dial in" will be set for the slower car. say I run a 10.20 and you run a 10.00....your dial in could be anywhere from a 10.20 to an 11.20 and neither of you can run faster than that (no double eliminations though...closest to the dial in gets the win). problem is, you don't know your dial in until after your burnout and you stage...2 sec later your dial in pops up right below Rich's feet (see above pics), and 2-5 sec later you are arm dropped....it's really fast and def doesn't give you much time to think about what you have to do. it's really easy to have both run too fast.

the cars that were in the final 8 were hot lapping like an SOB!!!! one car was 230 and the other was 260...BEFORE their last pass! I can't imagine how bad their brakes were after that many hot lapped passes!

all in all it was a really good time....and GREAT for spectators! I'd def do it again.

Ah, sounds pretty good. So much for them wanting ppl to run all out though. That dial in thing kinda sucks if you are the faster car.

I thought so too, but you'd be suprised....I saw a lot of "faster" cars actually push the other car out and take the "loss" making them both run over the time, but yet closest to the number. theres a lot of stadegy that you have to be able to do on the fly - pretty interesting!

Latest posts

Back