Art Morrison GT or Roadster Shop REVO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerkLoad

Hey RRR folks,

Trying to save up to build the '53 3100 my Dad had back when I was a kid. It has been sitting out in the high desert for close on 30 years but isn't unrecoverable.

My goal is to keep as much of the body as possible but have modern handling. I like the old and new brought together.

To that end, I have narrowed my search down to Art Morrison' GT Frame or Roadster Shop's REVO. It's not that I wouldn't love to build it from the frame up but being stationed overseas, I will have to build this on leave. Plus, like I said, I like the idea of the modern world carrying the past into the future. Corny but there it is.

So if you have any experience with these companies based on quality and I hate to say it, value (I'm on an enlisted paycheck), etc. I am open to all questions, comments, concerns and even bitches, gripes, and complaints.

Thanks,
Aaron

I have no love to give for the Morrison stuff. I have one in shop right now for a 60 Pontiac that is way more flexible than it should be.

The Roadster Shop guys do build a nice product; and I do too....

This was a customer supplied frame that another shop took on. We rebuilt everything including reshaping the frame rails.

If you're on a tight budget and have the stock frame, why not just work with a local shop and upgrade it. I am sure there are plenty of guys around willing to build you what you really want.

Thanks. I would like the info. I also have a pretty nice '69 mutang grande I can offer in trade. I would have to sell it to fund the build in any case. Wife says can't have two old iron toys.

Latest posts

Back