assembling a 30-31 roadster project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never disappoint.....

Those door panels are killer....I'm not a big peckerhead fan but looks great on the door panel....nice..[cl

making some progress on this one.

frenched in some 59 caddy lights, the old tail light holes

DSCN6955_zps2d4064be.jpg

the new going in

DSCN6954_zps1dd074d9.jpg

DSCN6956_zps09dcc2bc.jpg

welded some supports in on the back of the tail light can

DSCN6961_zpsbdfcd571.jpg

DSCN6962_zps975d0d84.jpg

all welded up and ground down

DSCN6958_zpse02464b8.jpg

made some brackets to hold the fuel cell

DSCN6960_zpsf54c62a6.jpg

welded up and smoothed out the gas tank/ cowl side seam

DSCN6963_zpsd4c4808b.jpg

working on setting up the steering, got to love string

DSCN6964_zps545a78fd.jpg

Looks good as usual. [P

Side note: You may want to step up to DOM string. That yellow stuff is only ELW (electrically wound) and won't hold up to the abuse. :D

started making the new hood sides

it is two separate panels so it doesnt have a big hole under the headers

think i might remake the filler panel under the header, the louvers look funny

and drilled all the mounting holes for the dash panel, and got the gauge pod mounted

i got to make some more progress on this one last week since i had a car not show up. hoping to get this one ready for the owner to finish up this week.he wants to do all the plumbing and wiring on it. any way i got the steering all mocked up, the hood latching, lower windshield stantions re worked and fitting good, and the front shock/ head light mounts cut down and tacked up

front hood latch

rear hood latch, i put this one upside down since there is not a lot of room between the hood side and the header

handles

this piece is welded to the hood side and slides behind the lower section of the hood side ( the part that stays stationary on the frame) to hold the two pieces together when the hood is down

the spreader bar cut down and fit up

getting the steering all mocked up

the lower stantions fit up, this was a lot more work than it looks like. took about an hour of massaging each to get them to fit right

Very nice.....

Attention to detail is really your thing and the builds are killer....what can anyone say.....you have the gift....

Excellent work per the usual... I like the door panels... My dad wants me to put some of those old bird stickers on my truck... I told him no way I'm putting any stickers on it... I guess u fixed the whole sticker thing

Latest posts

Back