At the docs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Anybody else hate the docs as much as me?

I'm having a glucose tolerance test done since I've been having problems with my sugar levels. So I have to sit in a lobby full of sick people for two hours to see why I'm not healthy. It just don't seam like the best thing to do lol.

I know the feeling. I have to have a DOT physical done every two years, other than that, I try to just tough it out when sick. I hate even the smell of Dr.'s offices. I have to be hurting very bad to go to a Dr,

Ya I have a cdl also so I get the test done at the doc in the box places cause it's cheap and quick. This time I'm at the hospital to get the test done. People hacking and coughing everywhere. I'll be lucky to not get sick with everything that's in this place.

I have a great relationship with my DR. but I just heard the hospital he works for is putting the screws to him so he is moving to another one an hours away... He is the only one I've trusted in my 43 years...:mad:

I never saw the point of making an appointment, they make you wait 3 hours to see anyone.I hate that. :mad:

I never saw the point of making an appointment, they make you wait 3 hours to see anyone.I hate that. :mad:

Well this time it wasn't like that. I got right in and out as far as my appointments went. What took so long was the test I was having done. They take blood every hour for three hours after you have fasted for twelve hours.

All my results came back good and I'm not diabetic according to them. But they can't tell me what's wrong with me. So.. A bunch of money down the drain and I still don't know what's going on. :mad:

They dont know whats wrong but you still got to pay him for scratching his head ... If you took your car to a dealer and he said that you wouldnt pay him ... but I guess thats why they call it practicing medicine you pay them to practice on you ..

Here's my 2 cents worth.......
Drs are like lawyers. We bitch about them. Tell jokes about them. Complain about them, until the time comes and they pull our bacon out of the fire. Then they are just great.......[cl
I see mine again this week.:)
p.s. Be VERY glad that you aren't diabetic.
Torchie. 25 year diabetic...

Keep in mind that most doctors have

PRACTICES.... A PRACTICING PHYSICIAN.... I often wondered about that but as I got older....I realized that in essence they are in fact practicing as no two cases are the same....don't get me wrong because my doctor is a great Gal but she will admit that sometimes she doesn't have an answers and that sometimes even tests don't show a problem so she has to make a best guess....thank God she is right 99% of the time.....JMHO of course

Just remember, doctors make their money from people who are being treated, not from people who are cured of anything. Pretty much the only solutions they recognize are surgery and medication.

Better living thru chemistry.....lol...

Had a few things worked on in my life....mostly job related....but thankfully nothing debilitating.... KNOCK ON WOOD.... :D

I wouldn't consider it money down the drain. If they found you weren't diabetic be thankful. Having diabetes is a pain in the fingers, stomach, arms, etc, etc!

Ya I am thankful that it's not diabetes. But at the same time I want to know what's going on so I can address the issue.

Glad to hear that they just don't know what's wrong. Could be absolutely nothing other than a slight imbalance.

They tested just about everything they could. My cholesterol, blood pressure, sugar levels, pulse, hemoglobin, urine, and some other crap and all tested good. They said to try to exercise more and to eat better even tho all my levels are great.

The doc told me to get at least a 1/2 hour of exercise a day and I laughed at her. I get that before she's out of bed in the morning lol

I go to my current Doc of about 10 yrs because he doesn't overbook. Typically have to wait 10 min or less! Had to wait in previous Dr's waiting room with a bunch of sick people for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs... HATED that!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back