Auction Snipers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chop509

Infamous Dirty '34
I’m getting a bit tired of losing ebay auctions in the last couple of seconds.
Put in a bid today for a '35-'36 Ford dash waterfall trim piece 18 seconds before it ended, thought I had it, and someone went over the top of me for a $1 :mad:!
Anyone on here using an auction sniper service to help increase their chances of winning?
If so what are you using?

Jeff

Call me sniper!

Anyone on here using an auction sniper service to help increase their chances of winning?
If so what are you using?

Chop,
Ok... I admit it. I *do not* bid until the last 15 seconds. I lost some stuff I *really* wanted to the same last second snipers. Now... I am a sniper myself. I don't use a service... I just watch *closely* if it's something I really want.

BoB

Here's what I do. I wait until the last possible moment and then bid near twice what I really would pay. I either get the item at a good price or some other poor guy paid way too much. Been doing ebay since 98 and haven't got burned doing this yet.

I try not to bid until very late in an ebay auction because I don't want to drive the price up. When it get's near the end I just bid the max that I want to pay. Sometimes I get sniped by someone and sometimes I win. It seems like I get sniped on the things I wanted the most though :mad:.

If I really want the item, I just bid my max, no matter what the last bid is. If I lose, oh well. I didn't want to pay more. Twice, I've been contacted with a second chance offer, that was valid. Upon reflection, I didn't want it that bad. Plus, I only bid on local items.

Like GasserG, I bid what I will pay for an item. But then again I usually wait until the last few minutes to do so, so as not to drive up the price or "tip my hand" as it were.

I've tapered down a lot, but when I was really an Ebayaholic I would actually get the shakes as the seconds were counting down.........sort of like a compulsive gambler. :D:eek: I usually keep refreshing as the last minute ticks down then at about 15 seconds I zap in my bid.

I screwed up a couple of times because I forgot to log in, and the bid never went through.......that really hurts! :eek:

Don

i have been burned too. what i do not understand is when an item is put on there and people start bidding like crazy instead of waiting towards the end. probably the seller having a buddy run it up. i have lost out on bids before but had been contacted afterwards buy the seller because of the above or a dead beat bidder. when they admitted to having someone they know bidding on it and ask me if i still want it i tell them to go kick rocks!

Latest posts

Back