Awesten pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow fatdog..thats cool
heres one i've been toying with
IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg

Spock

I'm back on to working on the austin,and lots of little work finished up, the box is roughed out and in epoxy,just finishing up some welding and then off for blasting. then i can get started on the filler work on the rest of the truck, i will see if imp59 can post some pics.cheers

Man this truck is extremely impressive. I'm wondering where the rad is mounted as it doesn't look to me that there is enough room in the front.

I'm back on to working on the austin,and lots of little work finished up, the box is roughed out and in epoxy,just finishing up some welding and then off for blasting. then i can get started on the filler work on the rest of the truck, i will see if imp59 can post some pics.cheers

Good deal. I'd like to see the progress on the Austin.

so i take it you own a gas station? if not.... i would definately consider it because i know i would cruise that thing everywhere and you would need the money to do it.

i will probaly get the truck on the road first with a power plant that is a bit more tame,so i can work the bugs out first. that blower was off my 105e anglia gasser and was only used for mock up on the austin. gas prices have steered some of my builds in a different direction thats for sure. i also have to ease the local police into liking the whole idea of this truck, i think its gona be a bit of a heat seaker.so we'll start of slow and work our way up,maybe they wont notice.

Awesome Austin Status ???????

OK, I really want to know what the status of this awesome ride is.
It has been WAY too long since we had a photo or an update. :confused:
Come on fatdog409 or 59imp. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease !!!!
:D '22

OK, I really want to know what the status of this awesome ride is.
It has been WAY too long since we had a photo or an update. :confused:
Come on fatdog409 or 59imp. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease !!!!
:D '22

the Dog is outta town for a few days, i know he's been super busy building other peoples cars at Fatdog Rod n' Customs, and he bought a motorcycle that's had him busy for a few months......
i did see the Awesten a while back, he's done a lot of work to the box and front clip, all the metalwork is done and the mud work is done, ready for final sanding, but it's still a ways off from laying down that first smoke show......

here's a couple i took a while back, and in case you were wondering, the rear wheels (rims) are 17" wide..........

DSC04219.jpg

DSC04235.jpg

DSC04242.jpg

Thanks....

the Dog is outta town for a few days, i know he's been super busy building other peoples cars at Fatdog Rod n' Customs, and he bought a motorcycle that's had him busy for a few months......
i did see the Awesten a while back, he's done a lot of work to the box and front clip, all the metalwork is done and the mud work is done, ready for final sanding, but it's still a ways off from laying down that first smoke show......

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing it running.
It's just a very cool piece of work... :cool: '22

That thing is amazing, I had to laugh when I saw your panhard bar, it's so tiny. I got a friend that lives up near you in Lund, I'd love to see it in person when I go to see him.

Sean

Latest posts

Back