Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't do that well punching holes with a screwdriver.

Didn't make it to work today. But I did spend 6 hours getting my F100 running and on pavement. PITA. Drained 2 batteries getting it started and had to lug my air compressor to it. Then had to clear about 200ft of hardpack snow across the yard and pull a post to get it to the road.

On the plus side, the windchill was, well.... on the plus side. +0˚ :D

24° here at 6am when I left for Freeport. Of course the heater in my Eagle blew only cold air. After running around all day, the darn heat started working about a mile from the house. I'm not sure if there's air in the heater core or the thermostat is sticking wide open. It's going up to around 75° by Friday so maybe I can look at it.

-8* here this morning, got up to 11* this afternoon but windy most of day......don't really know what the wind chill was.......never pay much attention to that stuff.... when you're cold you're cold, it's as simple as that. :eek:

Around -8 today, spent about 3 hrs getting loader to start then cleared three rural drives. Got the truck stuck in the process. My son got a lot of seat time in the truck to get it out. For a 12 yr old he is pretty good at wheelin lol.

-40 overnight. (C or F - I'm calling it "F" today. :mad:)

My bloody boiler went down early yesterday morning... so, my son and I spent the day nursing and repairing the contankerous machine. (A life or death situation in these conditions. :eek:)

All is good this morning and they say it's supposed to get above freezing by the weekend. I'll believe that when I see it...

Last edited:
Finally above freezing this morn & 60's & 70's for a week or so! Guess I can go back outside again! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

i remember when i was a kid outside elmore minnesota.
my dog froze to death in a pile of hay in a barn filled with live stock.
i remember the grown ups talking about -80 with windchill
any livestock left outside died.

i remember when i was a kid outside elmore minnesota.
my dog froze to death in a pile of hay in a barn filled with live stock.
i remember the grown ups talking about -80 with windchill
any livestock left outside died.

At this point in my life I have a hard enough time understanding why people live here in Illinois and it only hits -20 air temps when its rough. Our gym teacher is from Minnesota and she was talking about -40 air temps when she was there.

5C1C0D78-3568-48D9-A065-FF05F09330B0-4610-000002A8FB85A6CB_zpsd6b99ed8.jpg

The wife's 53 dodge during the last snowfall.

Latest posts

Back