Bad Fuel?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
The carb on the Gasser was acting up. There was no fuel coming from the accelerator pump. I pulled the float bowls and disassembled the accelerator pump. Everything looked fine until I touch the rubber valve. It smeared as if it was melted. I replaced the valves and the car runs fine. I've heard that the additives in the fuel, nowadays, eats rubber. Anyone having problems with the fuel?

what kind of carb? the 750 edelbrock i had on my truck came with a plastic accelerator pump that kind of just fell apart on me. at least it was easy to replace.

Its an 800 Holley. I fine them easy to work on and modify. I never understood Edelbrock carbs. Interesting side note. I went on a cruise to Edelbrock which was great and they fed us. Great Mexican food. One of the cruisers had a new Edelbrock carb. When he started it, it would rev but wouldn't idle. He asked one of the tech guys for help. When they found out he hadn't bought the carb directly from them, they blew him off.

Latest posts

Back