Baggin and brakin a 65 Buick

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65WildKat

I am looking for a few things but before I go and put out $$$$.$$'s I was wondering if anyone has put a air bag system on a Full size Buick and if so what system did you use? Also I want to swap out my front drums for disc brakes and I want to know what master cylinder would I need? I have the stock M/C one now but I think I would need a dual reservoir? Do I need a Proportional Valve set up between the rear and front brakes? I have seen on Evil Bay the system from Scarebird and then I also seen the system from a place called Direct -fit brakes out of Arizona which has everything for under a grand. But the Scarebird system is just the plate to mount the calipers on my stock spindle.
The concern there is that Disc Brakes are a little harder on the spindles and front end then drum brakes and I was wondering if just buying the Plate and then buying all the rotors and calipers from from different cars to make up the system would be better or worse? As you can tell I am not a Brake man so I would have my Buddy do the work since I want to stop when I hit the brake pedal! :eek: In short is buying a system from a bunch of G.M. parts better or should I just lay out the Grand for the direct brake system?:confused:
Thanks for any help inn advance.
The Wildcat man,
Don
P.S. sorry for rambling :rolleyes:

Don,

Can not help on the air bag issues but as for the brakes......a new master is a requirement & the proportioning valve is needed.

SUMIT, SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Co.), WILWOOD, etc......have kits that'll update your older sled. They all also have dual master (front & rear) and due to the upgrade a prop. valve would need to be installed as the % of brake to the rear needs to be dialed in.

CHeck them out.....best of luck.

Ratty46

Latest posts

Back