bags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammed46

hey all lookin for cheaper ways do bag my truck any and all ideas what ya got and set up pics if you got them thanks Mike

What kind of truck and how do you want to set it up, 4 link rear ?? what kind of front end ??? lots of questions to answer before we can help, let us know, everyone here can come up with good ideas.

cab is a 50 ford f-5 custom frame 15 inch kick up in the rear 3 link front end will be z'd 4-7 30 model a split wishbones bed will be scratch made

If your looking for just the air system, this is how I might go cheap next time.

Front/back system.
Quality bags (probably Slam Specialties). Not Ziploc!
1/4" lines and fittings.
4 Manual valves.
Engine driven pump - like a York.
Pressure switch.
Oil/water separator.
2 gauges - optional.

Most of which I can get from a tractor/trailer business.

Depends on what they carry. I bet you'll need to go to a business that deals with semi or trailer repair. Or air suspensions for pick up trucks and small trailers.

That's where I went for most of my fittings and lines. The valves/bags/tank/etc. I bought from Suicide Doors. A York compressor is a junkyard part. (I have electric now)

Depends on what they carry. I bet you'll need to go to a business that deals with semi or trailer repair. Or air suspensions for pick up trucks and small trailers.

That's where I went for most of my fittings and lines. The valves/bags/tank/etc. I bought from Suicide Doors. A York compressor is a junkyard part. (I have electric now)

AC compressors work really well is that what the York is ? I've seen them used, really high output, durable, boneyard cheap, with ready made mounting brackets for most engines.

AC compressors work really well is that what the York is ? I've seen them used, really high output, durable, boneyard cheap, with ready made mounting brackets for most engines.

Yep. Haven't done a lot of research on them, but I think they were found in Volvos and 70's Ford trucks and surely more. There are certain versions that have a oil reservoir for lubrication. Those are the ones needed, as the others used the coolant for lube.

I use a YORK 210 model on my sbc 350 with a bracket i made so far no problems
found it in the junk yard on a Volvo and it puts out a tone of air .............

Attachments

• york210.jpg
    york210.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
They make great air compressors for powering air tools off road

You can use those york style compressors for powering air tools and such for off road as well.... suppose you could use them anywhere you need air pressure to operate whatever......

Airbagit.com is the site!

I used an airbagit.com kit, lots of parts for the money -overall it worked fine. When I suggested it on another forum, somebody slagged it as being junk but it depends on what you order. I found that the electric switches were indeed junk but replaced them with a GM power window switch from the boneyard for $0, also a couple of the push fittings were defective. Compressor was huge though noisy - be aware that all the parts are offshore no name stuff (knock-offs), even the bags had no markings. Still, for $900.00 bucks, I got a complete system with mounts.
Some of the upgrade parts they sell are the same as the other guys have, I'm using the Dominator bags and V8 air engine they sell on my 34 Caddy build.

Latest posts

Back