Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappy cell phone pic, lol.
It's now painted flat black and installed.

Wait, I done posted that pic. Forgot to take one of it after paint, was too excited to get it back in I guess!

Planning on getting the car out tomorrow and getting some new pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_152730377_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220318_152730377_HDR.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 12
As promised, pics!

I went up on the tire sizes, rear is now 275/60/15 on 8 1/2" wheel, fronts are now 215/70/15" on a 7" wheel. Fills the fenders better, and has a nice rubber rake.

Attachments

• DSCF1511.jpg
    DSCF1511.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1513.jpg
    DSCF1513.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1516.jpg
    DSCF1516.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1520.jpg
    DSCF1520.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF1517.jpg
    DSCF1517.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 26
Thanks guys! The flowering tree is right in front of the Grandson's school. I thought it'd make a good backdrop.

Ride is much smother now, just a hint of vibration in the front, could be the motor mounts or in the front end. Steering is one finger, very light, although the turning radius needs to be a little tighter, hope to find a longer pitman arm to take care of that. Does have just a bit of wander to it, thinking one of those shock steering stabilizers should control that. The more I drive it, the more natural it feels.

Probably going to have to put my 3.55 gears in. It won't shift into OD before about 65 as best I can tell. Speedo is off about 5-7 mph slow, got to figure out which speedo gear to get to speed it up a bit.

Still lots to do. Going to try and get AC in by summer....that is if I can find the parts! I've got about 4-5 different pieces saved in my eBay watch list--from as many sellers! Nobody has kits in stock, and delivery times are all over the map. Glass is next, windshield gasket is on the way, when it gets here I'm ordering a glass kit.

Bama's Lincoln is the feature car for April in the 2022 calendar.[cl

Yep, by special design. April is my birth MONTH, so I celebrate it all month long, not just one day! Wish I had of had the new wheels and tires in it when I made the pic, but they will look good on next year's calendar.

Small update on the car, I got my windshield gasket. Went to order a glass kit and it had went up $40, and shipping doubled! Had to buy a new used mower, so glass has to wait a bit.

I hear you the on prices, Bama.
As well as there always seems to be some thing more urgent that needs the money i have stashed for away for my projects.
Im sitting in one of those “ urgent” other things right now.
$1100 for a chair that has power reclining capabilities.
Mrs T got tired of my sitting in my wheelchair.
Didn't get the power lift as I’m not ready for that option. And don't plan to be for a while. I couldn’t afford it anyways.
Torchie

Today was redo day.....

I got underneath to measure my tie rod to see what size U bolts I need for the steering shock, and spotted something I didn't want to see----the wishbone was touching the transmission pan.:eek: Apparently my rubber mount had settled a bit and let it drop. Got it up on the ramps, loosened the mount bolt, tried to jack the trans up, no go, it was against the tunnel. The AOD is a bit larger than the Turbo 350 that was in it, and had only 1/4" clearance. Why I didn't spot this before, I don't know.

So, I drag out the zizz wheel and cut the top off the tunnel. I had already covered the floor with peel and seal, so it was a mess to cut. Seen where it was hitting, no problem now. Jacked up the trans and put in a 1/4" spacer as well as a couple of pieces of thick webbing for more padding. Bolted all that back together, now there is 1/2" gap between the pan and wishbone, hopefully enough. Then an old gas stove donated it's bottom drawer for a new piece for the trans tunnel. Bolted that down with some self drillers in case I need to take it back off again. Drug the ratty carpet back over it, out of sight, out of mind!

U bolts should be in this week, then I can build the brackets for the shock. Should help stabilize the steering a bit.

No pics, didn't even thing about it until now....

Latest posts

Back