Bare metal!.......For now!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Gussett

Yep... he can do it!
Live in the hilly country of Chillicothe Ohio.
OK wasn't sure if this is the correct place to put this but it is a build!
Other than building rats,I do alot of fab work on other stuff for people too.
This is a 08 C5500 tow truck cab and chassis that will not have a boom on it, but will have the "stinger" out the back as you can see part of it.
I designed and built the 10 gauge sides and still have a targa bar and wheel tubs to build yet. When that is done it will be gone and its back to building ratrods![cl
The owner is painting the running board black with the sandpaper nonslip on them and the bed will be painted green to match the cab!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 97
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 129
Tripper, the guy owns a salvage yard and already has a standard size "boom" wrecker and a big rig semi boom wrecker. I think this one will be for like repos or something where the stinger is lowered down and placed under car , and snatched up and gone???NOT sure really,but in the process I got a 46 chevy trk cab and chassis with title , some cash and a pretty much free reign of yard for life......or at least I can pick up anything for very little to nothing!

works looks top-notch as usual mr G![cl:cool:

nothing like a "project trade", but a project trade AND cash is good...

a project trade, AND cash AND a "discount" at the local scrap yard- priceless:D

keep up the good work[;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Stacks Mr Gussett this running a Duramax nice truck
NO stacks! It has an 8.1 gas in it!

Thanks for the nice words! Gotta get it out of my shop,cause its taken up WAAAAY to much room!Should be out by Fri!

Finished and gone.......almost!

[clWell I finished up the wrecker all except I still have to fab up the targa bar !I don't need the truck for that ("Myoldtrucks" gave me a hand making a template)Thanks bill for all of your help !so the owner came and picked it up Sat. afternoon.
The tail lights need to be wired,(3 each side) and he will do that.
GLAD to have it gone as it was taking up A L O T of space!

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back