Bed time

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye31

I am looking for some ideas for a bed for my Model A truck, prefer wood beds cant afford a steel repo. But have plenty wood laying around.I don't care if it is on a T, A or fatfender. show your beds.

I don't have any pictures. But years ago I had a 1948 Ford pickup that a make a wooden bed that looked the the factory bad. The tailgate I used a plexiglass insert. I hung the stock fenders on the bed.

Here's a couple pictures of the bed I built for my truck. The floor and front panel are from a late model chevy box I got from a body shop for free. The sides were bent up at a welding shop for about $160.00. The tailgate I made from a Cushman truckster tailgate a friend gave me. I think it came out pretty good.

Gary

Attachments

• bed 4.jpg
    bed 4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 40
  • bed 3.jpg
    bed 3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 40
I think it came out great!..[cl You could still do a wooden bed, I've seen some that looked good..besides, it's your truck, you can do it any way you want!!!;)..CR

2 good lookin beds!! I like Boneheads, it really sets off the pro streets! Drewski, did you post your build on another site last year?....CR

2 good lookin beds!! I like Boneheads, it really sets off the pro streets! Drewski, did you post your build on another site last year?....CR

I've posted on several sites, but I don't think I've done a build thread anywhere other than RRR. Usually I'm responding to a question that I've had some experience with. This site is more tolerant of my custom touches and for that I say thanks! Nobody has beat me up for cutting my truck up or running a motor other than the one that came in it.

If I can just get over my recent knee surgery, Ill get back to work on my F100.[;)

Drewski

I'm sure that nobody here will complain about cuttin up a vehicle! Remember...Anyone can restore a car,but it takes a real man to cut one up![cl..Your Truck is one of the better 53-56's that I've seen... Congrats..Good luck with the knee. I hope you get better soon as we need more pics!!.CR:D

Latest posts

Back