Been a while: Diary of a mad man!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab71

Geez I haven't been on here in soooo long I can't remember if I ever mentioned my truck was running and drivable. I'm Rob, live in Wisconsin where the weather is just sucking right now... Anyhow here is what I started with...

Here is me getting started... I tore the entire truck apart one Saturday by myself. With just hand tools...

Sunday bribed my brother to help me load up what I was going to use, or at least most of it.

Next...

Last edited:
Skipping ahead a bit...

First attempt a front suspension...

NO LIKEY!

Next! Cut the frame apart buy some BIG clamps and pinch it. Then redo the front suspention. (twice more)

Oh heck I am WAY beyond this...
I just accidentally unplugged my computer...

Moving on... F100 axle conversion...

Tada!!! Watchin in amazement as a 1949 IHC Cab hangs in mid air! Look ma!!! No hands!

Then other stuff... Like a grille...

Oh yeah steering is a rack and pinion. (Controversial I know)

A floor and a van seat...

Skipping ahead... BAaaaddd... Spring there...

New front spring mount etc...

Gettin' there...

Skip some more pidly stuff... And here we are...

Oh yeah I have since ebuilt some lakes style headers out of scrap!

They sound great!

The only video I have it does not have them on though...
http://media.putfile.com/first-run-58

I have since redone a bunch of stuff too but I don't have pics of... I need rear tires, can ya' help a brother out? I wanna match the fronts, or similar???

Last edited:
Rab, I remember that you did post after you got it going. It seems that you said you were going to change a couple of things, such as the angle of the grill because you didn't like it.

I like your truck a lot. Don't worry about the rack & pinion (don't know if you are), I've installed 3 of them on solid axles. They all work great. You just need a slip joint in the steering shaft to move slightly on bumps.

heythere

Rab, how did that rack system work out. i remember a lot of talk about it when you were still building it. by the way the crushed red velvet seat are PIMP... i like the arm rests too LOL

Pablo

Gastrick I did change the grille but I don't have any pictures. I straightened and lowered it so the hood line is equal to where the hood is supposed to go. As for the rack and pinion it works great, and I didnt use a slip joint because the rack is mount to the frame so it is stationary. The truck goes nice and straight down the road,, and I have put through the ringers so to speak...

Well thanks again then! I lose track... It's all the crack:eek: Butt crack...:D Anyway, Too bad we are getting 14" of snow tonight... Being the nice husband before winter came I got my truck out so the wife could put her car in the garage... What the heck was I thinking?:confused:

it's really a win win. her car is preserved, your car gets more of mother natures wonderful paint.

Well thanks again then! I lose track... It's all the crack:eek: Butt crack...:D Anyway, Too bad we are getting 14" of snow tonight... Being the nice husband before winter came I got my truck out so the wife could put her car in the garage... What the heck was I thinking?:confused:

Latest posts

Back