Been a while, here!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign!

Rab,
Thanks for posting the fotos. I love seein' the progression & I'm really glad u were able to keep that kool door sign in the project! U've really got it goin' on & I think it really looks good & can't wait to hear u fire it up!!!

BoB

Truck's looking good, Rab. Before you know it it'll be ready to fire up & take that 1st ride round the block. Keep us up on the progress.

Heh... I had to take a step or two back to move forward. The front spring was junk, and I didn't like moy spring mount. So I redid it and bought a new spring from Speedway.

OLD

NEW

Looks good!!!

Rab,
Looks good! Nothin; like gettin' a new spring to make things look & ride good. Was anything wrong with the old one or did u just get a hankerin' for a new one?

BoB

The title says the truck is a 49' and the old spring had "sprung" so to speak. When the weight was on the spring it had no curve to it as a matter of fact the ends of the spring would be in an upward direction.:rolleyes: For the price of the new spring it is piece of mind too. Springs are cheap security.

Nice looking truck. Great photo documentation. I'm into learning about front ends right now.
In the photos with two axles, what are they from?

Oh, those new firestones are most likely no good. Feel free to send them to me for proper disposal.:D

Heh! I get right on that.:D Both axles are from F100's The one on my truck is from a 55' and the other I think is like 52-53ish. It has lower spring perches right on the axle.(Odd)

Latest posts

Back