BEER

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno

Crusty Rusty Old Rat Rodder!
I figured that would get your attention. Was sitting here thinking about all the local beers that have gone to the wayside because of the big brewerys. Anyone else lose their favorite brews over the years? We've lost Falls City (my favorite), Oertlels 92, and Fehrs. Used to be able to go to the tap rooms and the taps were plumbed into the vats, talk about cold and fresh. The barkeep kept filling up your mug until you turned the mug upside down on the bar. That was the good old days when you could get a six pack of bottles for a dollar!

growing up in texas i was always around lone star and pearl beers both brewed in texas, but i was a schlitz beer drinker till i moved to alabama (1985), it sucked here. i got to where i like dark beers and really like the porters. i used to be able to get a ohio ale called little kings cream ale, and was interduced to genesee beer light colored lager with good taste the last time i went to ohio. most of the time i drink yuengling black and tan that comes from the oldest brewery in america.

^^^^
Yup, I'm pretty sure I'm safe and not losing my favorite beer, since it America's oldest brewery.

I like the Black and Tan also, but will be happy to drink a "lager" most anytime

800x600Family.jpg

And a hamburger at McDonalds was 5 cents, gas was 10 cents a gallon, had to walk to school up hills both ways in ten feet of snow. Sears catalogues as shin guards for hockey...

This thread is so old...

(p.s I'm teasing :D:D:D)

The reason why micro breweries are so great, is because all the big time beer companies are selling crappy beer. However, I did like Sam Adams when I was living in the states...

No but I got a MR BEER home brewery kit from Santa.

Makes two gallons at a time. And has allot of different recipes you can purchase.

Lungs

Molson and Labatt have been sucking up every "independent" in the country since the horse and cart... which sucks in a different way because the product is never the same again IMO.

My father liked a beer made in Crown's town from 1892 until 1994... today it's a Molson fluid...

stubby_beer_bottle_carling_okeefe_290.jpg

I became a fan of another small brewery. (I'm having one right now. :D) Made in Creston BC, short history (since 1959)... now owned by Labatt...

kokanee-7.jpg

Speaking of Labatt... Pamela Anderson 1989. :D

zJ_QNL8MIkyhU_AK5VQqVw2.jpg

Lots of micro's popping up but the trend today seems to be the pale ale and IPA, just way too bitter and hoppey for me. I like the unfiltered wheats like boulevard and shock top. Old time favs, when I can find them, are Pilsner Urequell, Stienlager and Tsing Tao. Still like Dos and can tolerate Corona. Budmillercoors don't make anything fit to drink IMO. Lately I've been drinking Fat Tire because it's easy to get and most pubs have it if I go out.

In Detroit...it was Stroh's.....for the Real Beer Lover..

That was the last Major brewery in Detroit...never liked beer much....unless it's a very dark beer like Guiness....:D

Older beers

I know some of you guys in Michigan and Ill.. remember Blatz beer. Picked the all aluminum Blatz-beer man at a yard sale.:cool:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back